1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lexington, May 23, 2008.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone else get this? Or is it just for flabby 40-somethings like me? :slight_smile:

Only had it a day so far, but I'm really enjoying it. A major ego hit when I entered my data, and my Mii ballooned up to become hellaciously fatter. :slight_smile: But the exercises I've done so far are a lot of fun - the hula hoops, the "step concert", even the run was fun (although my partner's Mii lapped me several times!). Looking forward to seeing if I can stick with it.

Lex

2. Beebo

awesome, I saw a comercial for it, looks like a super phun time

3. ffdtirtp

ffdtirtp Guest

sounds great! i wanna get it...maybe with that bling from Bush lol 8)

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm getting it as a gift to someone else. I myself am already pretty thin.

5. KatoKumi

I've had it on reservation since it came out, but my dad's too lazy to pick it up.
    I didn't get it to have a fit body like Mario or anything.

My sister and brother wanted it, and they told me it was fun ;]

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

7. Jeimuzu

Meh. Bores me, although I wish that male fitness instructor was a little more real :wink:

I think it puts too much focus on balance. I was 22 until I did the balance, then I was 36.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You still use yours, Paul? Or is it in the closet under the crepe maker? :slight_smile:

Lex

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

i want one ! but wont it break if you step on it too much?

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's obviously built specifically TO be stepped on. They warn you often not to run or jump onto it, as that'll probably wear it down. (For running, you don't use the board - you stick a controller in your pocket.) One game is a "tightrope walking" game, and there's an obstacle for you to jump over. However, to jump, you crouch down and then pop up again, without actually jumping. I screwed up and jumped a bit - not much, an inch if that. But the game instantly stopped, told me not to actually jump, and made me start all over.

Fine, but it would've been better to simply NOT put the obstacle there for you to jump over, one would think. :grin:

Lex

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It is designed to be stepped on repeatedly. You aren't supposed to jump on it though, and things like jogging are not done on it (it uses the controller in your pocket to sense your rate etc).

12. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ive had it for about 2 weeks now. The whole time ive had it my bmi has been in the idea category, which i found surprising. When i 1st got it my fitness age was 36 (or something like that) now ive been able to get that down to my actually age. If nothing else makes u more aware of ur fitness, so i have cut down on eating certain things. Of course its not perfect i slipped of during the abs excerise and the press (push) up but it say i have 4 stars abs (i wish i did.) I probably havent been doing the training as much as i should but ive done the body test almost every day

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Markie is getting a silicone cover thing for ours which should keep it clean and improve grip.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only problem we've run into so far isn't a problem with the device, per se, but with our home. We live in a 100-year-old building, and when I "run in place", it starts shaking the TV. (No, I'm NOT that fat - it's just an old house!) I have to slip off my shoes and tread more carefully to ensure that things don't bounce around too much, although I'd much prefer to wear my jogging shoes.

We do have a treadmill, and technically I can just run on that while doing the program, but somehow that seems...unfair or something. :slight_smile:

Lex

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Ahh, the advantage of our our modern home with concrete ground floor! :slight_smile:

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ I've since laid down a piece of thick carpet to run on. It works well.

Paul, someone suggested on the "Island Run" that I "follow the dog". So I tried it. After I was done, I called up my mother. "Remember all those times you said 'If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do it, too?' I can now say, officially, that yes. Yes I would." :slight_smile:

Lex

17. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yep, the dog runs faster then the person. And if you overtake that dog you get another one that runs even faster.....