1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Love Comic Books!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sorkadubane, May 23, 2008.

1. Sorkadubane

Comics...

We've reached the end of one of my favorite series. It started off as a ridiculous concept that I never would have thought that I'd enjoy, but like the movie "Hot Rod", I ended up finding it hilarious. And strangely touching. And awkward. The comic book in question?

Cable and Deadpool[​IMG]Yeah, it looks like the same old generic run-of-the-mill action oriented superhero comic, but it's not. "Cable and Deadpool" has a secret. Despite it's convoluted storylines and inane dialogue, it is in actuality a smartly written satire on superhero comic books.

I've never cared for Cable as a character, not back during X Men, not in New Mutants, not in anything really. However this book taught me respect for the man lost in time, and his place in the Marvel comics universe. Deadpool is another fucking story altogether. An off the charts, mouthy, indestructible, oddball of a "hero" (term loosely applied), who has a penchant for shattering the 4th wall with his insights. Probably my favorite character to ever grace the pages of a comic book, and that's saying a lot.

Anyway, their series is over, and it was an amazing ride. If you get a chance, pick up the trade paperbacks and be glad that you did. Cable and Deadpool is an amazing experience that I wish everyone would have at least once.

"Bea Arthur, Chimichangas, and Hail Hydra."
    [​IMG](&&&)

2. Jerr

I wasw sooo gunna go to comicon this year but uh well... I'm a little poor haha

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I love comics too but I usually only read Ultimate marvel comics