1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GayNerd, Sep 7, 2013.

1. GayNerd

I'd like to see who else likes this show. :grin:

If you do, what is your favorite character, and why?

2. RainbowMan

I've seen it a few times, but it's not available on Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu (the three instant video things that I subscribe to) so not regularly watching, no.

But Sheldon is of course my favorite :slight_smile:

3. rjrh20

Sheldon or penny. Sheldon ( Jim parsons ) because it is halarious when he proves people wrong and in real life, he has to memorize the craziest things.

Penny idk why, just because.

4. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOVE the show! I am literally a composite of Jim Parsons and Sheldon. Before I came out, I am certain that my family thought I WAS Sheldon. I even speak like him, and I have since I was 13, which is especially weird since NO ONE speaks like that up here!

5. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Sheldor is my favourite...I have named one of my Siamese Fighting fish after him because this fish is so possessive of 'his spot', but ultimately I love all the characters, Leonard runs a close second due to familiarity after he spent a long time on anothe rof my favourite sitcoms 'Roseane'.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^Yep, I definitely love the way they talk. Exquisitely, exhaustively correct, yet so cumbersome and scientific that no normal person would say it that way. I feel the same sometimes XD.

7. justjade

I love them all, but I really love the exchanges between Raj and Howard. Plus, the guy who plays Raj is wicked hot with glasses. :grin:

8. Squib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sheldon and Howard! Sheldon is so funny and it's so amusing to watch. Howard is creepy but comes out with the best comments sometimes haha. But I love them all for different reasons! Amy is pretty funny too

9. cali

Howard's impressions are great. But, Sheldon of course :slight_smile:

10. LinkLarkin

I love this show! I am a physics/astrophysics student, so apart from the string theory stuff I actually understand a lot of what they're saying :rolle: I also completely relate to their insecurities and social inabilities so it's cool, I am a stereotypical scientist. I'm still waiting for their to be a gay character on this show, though!

My favourite is Amy, mostly because I think I can relate to her the best. She has a reputation for acting like Sheldon, but that isn't really her on the inside nor is it how she wants to be perceived. I also love Bernadette, purely because she's so underrated, and I always root for the underdog.

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a grad student in the sciences and work with a lot of scientists, and while the show is nice, I think it plays a lot into the stereotypes of scientists, especially them being socially misfits and awkward with the opposite sex. Especially at my university, a lot of my friends (and many professors, as well) do very outdoorsy things like skiing, rock-climbing, and hiking. The show also sometimes goes a little overboard with its references, some of which sound like technobabble.

That said, I haven't watched the show to give a clear opinion. I bet people who work in other fields like forensic science probably have similar gripes about CSI; likewise with doctors and the many medical dramas.

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it showed them as good at science, socialization, and physical activities all at once though, they'd hardly be relatable. Almost like TV Mary Sues who are too cool to be real XD.

13. lukeluvznicki13

I used to always watch the Big Bang Theory but of recent I have grown tired of it .

14. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sheldon of course...

We get it in the UK a lot on several channels. I think I have seen some episodes maybe 8 or 10 times each and they still make me laugh even though I know the lines

:grin:

15. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to really like it up untill season 3-4 I think. The show has completely changed its direction and target group. It seems less about science now and more about awkwkard scientists becoming less awkward because of their girlfriends :/
    And it was nice with Amy at first, because she was like a female version of Sheldon, but now she is just hormonal and horny D:

16. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I love Amy the most. I love how awkward she is, and when she does speak she usually says something so fucking funny.

I was on the floor crying with laughter when her, Penny, Bernadette and Priya were walking down the stairs, and she said "four women go down the stairs, how many reach the lobby?" :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The Big Bang Theory - Amy Farrah Fowler 'Drunk' - YouTube

17. GirlWhoWaited

I love Sheldon. Particularly in "The Adhesive Duck Deficiency". Favorite episode ever.

18. Batman is swag

Doctor Sheldon Cooper FTW!!!!!!

19. UIOP

I really like all of them but my favourite is Leonard. He reminds me of myself.

20. GayNerd

I personally like Leonard the most. He's not too smart and I can relate to him A LOT.

Favorite episodes, anyone? I like "The Lizard-Spock Expansion". Pretty self-explanatory, looking at the name. :slight_smile: (Stares off into space for 17.5 seconds then posts message)