1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WWII fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zam, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Am I alone?,I recognise 98% of tanks,planes,ship classes,guns and other armaments of WWII.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Saint Otaku

Uh, I'm not a fan of war in general... not even considering WWII...

3. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    its more about history that the thirst for blood :eusa_doh:

4. RoguesWolfe

Dude you would be my room mates best friend, he loves this stuff! And he has a lot of the uniforms and different ranks and such. Well not oringinal anyways.

5. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Funny side note,the first tank,actually a SPG (self proppeled gun) or Tank Destroyer,was made by ferdinand Porsche from a deffective normal tank he made...
    The Porsche who founded the current Porsche brand made tanks for the nazis xD

6. Gallatin

It's not the war that I'm most interested in (that would be either the American Civil War or the Napoleonic wars), but I do like to study certain aspects of it. That whole period of history is very interesting.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WWII has a sort of romanticism about it. It was the good guys vs. the (subjectively but generally agreed to be) evil guys, with just enough tech to equal out the legendary courage of the fighting men on both sides. Couple that with the wholehearted support back home (for the US at least), and it was probably the most iconic period in the 20th century.

I am a military buff and love seeing stuff about the period, but if I had to choose a favorite, I'd say the modern era is pretty awesome. M4's and MOLLE gear just can't be beat.

#7 Argentwing, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WWII is one of my favorite pieces of history to study. It's really the main inspiration behind Star Wars as well as a great deal of entertainment and ideas we have today. The politics, the machines, people, all of it. I remember going into the WWI part of US History and thought I'd be bored out of my mind. My teacher proved me wrong, and even more so when we looked at WWII. My favorite Call of Duty game is World At War. I don't care what anyone else thinks, but Reznov will always have a place in my heart, and not just because he was played by Gary Oldman.

When I was in Poland and Germany a few years ago, it stunned me how much WWII had affected both countries to this day. Poland is still rebuilding, and Germany has the US and USSR sides of the East side of the Berlin wall. There's even a man who stands in the center with flags of both countries, standing in their respected places.