1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommendations for speculative fiction featuring lesbian/bi characters

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GreenSkies, Sep 15, 2013.

1. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

Hello EC,
    I'm looking for recommendations of science fiction and fantasy that include a prominent lesbian or female bisexual character. I'm looking for books or TV shows that would fall under this category. Thanks!

2. Deaderpool2

wouldnt say prominant because the series has a range of characters but michael grants series gone has a lesbian character dekka who after the first book has alot of character development and is one of the heroes. another character later comes out of the closet.
    his second series BZRK has a gay character but again the series has a range of characters, there are ones who feel mainish but there purely there just for the reader to learn whats going on with them. after that the next chapter could be anyone.
    a really good book that was going to be adapted into a tv series by stan lee was Hero by Perry Moore, set in a world where super hereo's exist the son of a non super powered disgraced hero discovers that he has developed the power to heal almost any wound inflicted on himslef or others.
    He tries to hide this as well as his homosexuality from his father whilst also trying out for a new junior super hero team. Its very good and the author pointed out that allot of glbt characters are either not portrayed well in comics (by being villains) or died horribly, something comics are aware of now and most are changing it. Perry Moore did plan to write more book's and like i said stan lee loved it and wanted to adapt it intoa tv series, but tragically Mr Moore committed suicide before he found out whether or not his book was going to be adapted. such a shame as he was a big gblt actavist and a great author. definatley check it out.