1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013-2014 Hockey thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by starfish, Sep 15, 2013.

1. starfish

Good News everybody. Hockey is back.

Tomorrow is the Canucks first preseason game. Got my NHL game center live and VPN already to go. No blacked out games for me this year.

The whole Luongo/Schneider thing is resolved, a new backup goalie Eddie Lack, Kesler is healthy, and a new coach John Tortorella. I'm excited for the coming season.

I also renewed my season tickets for out local AHL team, the Texas Stars. Going to 14 games this year.

I haven't made up my mind yet on watching hockey in the Olympics. Though I would enjoy seeing the Russian team losing badly.

2. SlickyPants

I'm pumped about it. I haven't watched any of the preseason games yet but I'm looking forward to both the Canucks and Jets. I'm glad they got the goaltender situation sorted out in Vancouver. I liked Schneider but it was the only practical option to get rid of him. I'm really can't stand John Tortorella though. He just seems like an arrogant prick that has a short fuse.

I've got a few dates circled on my calender. The Ducks and Jets. It's Teemu Selanne's last season and I wouldn't mind being at that game. And there are a couple of Canucks games in town in 2014. I wouldn't mind going to at least one of those Canucks games.

3. Joey4

I just can't get into preseason. I'll be ready to go when the season starts though.

4. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so ready for it. Already got NHL Gamecenter Live, soo expensive, but worth it. Gotta raise that banner. Let's Go Blackhawks!!!!

5. Gallatin

This. The only preseason I find mildly interesting is soccer's preseason, because sometimes you get to see teams play each other that otherwise wouldn't. But otherwise I really don't care.

Once the season starts - Go Habs go!!

6. LILuke

New York Islanders fan here, I can't wait for the season to start! I have high hopes for the squad this year, young prospects [Matt Donovan and possibly Ryan Strome/Brock Nelson] gonna be breaking into the league this year, everything's looking up on Long Island! :grin:

7. starfish

Luuuuuuu!!!

8. LILuke

Ahh, Islanders' season starts tonight at long last. *Sigh* It has been far too long.

Hockey Addiction Levels are catastrophically high!