1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eternal Sonata - criminally overlooked JRPG

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alex89, May 29, 2008.

1. Alex89

Hi everyone:smilewave

Yesterday I picked up a game I've wanted for months for half price in EB Game's sale (australians, they have heaps of new stuff like Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Lost Odyssey for 50% off!).

Eternal Sonata is a japanese RPG based around music, set inside the dreams the composer Chopin was having as he died. It's seriously the most beautiful RPG I've ever seen, with a unique cell-shading style to the characters that goes beyond stylised - it's just amazing.

So far I'm 3.5 hours into it but I'm loving it - great characters, great voice acting for the Japanese voices (english ones are the usual mix of bad to horrible) and a really great "feel" to it.

Everyone go and pick it up, seriously. While lost Odyssey and Mass Effect have gotten all the exposure this game kind of slipped under the radar but it's truly brilliant.

It's available on Xbox 360, and later this year is being ported to PS3.

If you love RPGs or anime (especially ones like La Corda) you really need this game as a break from Final Fantasy and all its clones.(!)

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would snatch it up in an instant if I had a 360 or PS3, but sadly....