1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with music video from late 90's 1997

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lostyrs77, Sep 27, 2013.

1. lostyrs77

Thought I would give this a shot. I remember seeing a music video around 1997. It was a video of a guy and girl and the guy had a guy friend on the side. They hung out went fishing and stuff. It was about the women realizing that her BF and his friend were just more than friends. It showed the story in a movie like video and was sung by an African American women. Can anyone help me? I have been trying to find it ever since. I always thought it was Aretha Franklin but I cant find anything.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing's coming to mind. It'd be pretty odd for Aretha to do such a video in the late 90s, as that's a rather edgy topic for the time. Me'Shell Ndegeocello put out her "Leviticus: Faggot" song and video around that time. It's a song about a gay man, mainly from the viewpoint of his homophobic father...and somehow the song ends up being sympathetic. But that doesn't fit the storyline you set forth. I seem to recall Erykah Badu had a song about downlow gays, but I can't recall seeing a video for it.

Lex

3. lostyrs77

After years of looking and everyday since I posted this I found it!!!! Its not the original music video VH1 played but I found the song.

Peggy Scott Williams. - Bill
    Also Life after Bill is another song some may like

"BILL" LYRICS by Peggy Scott-Adams

4. LadyApp

It reminds me the song "Secretly" from Skunk Anansie and was a hit around the late 90s. It was actually part of the "Cruel Intentions" soundtrack. I hope it helps.
    Hugs!