1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk [Caps] Hockey.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Joey4, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Joey4

Here's one I did recently. I'll do more, different ones eventually.
    [​IMG]

2. LILuke

Islanders fan here. How do you think the Captials will respond to the move to a significantly more competitive Division this season? Given that last season their record was 15-3-0 against teams in the weak Southeast Division and their record outside of their own Division was only 12-15-3, are you concerned about their playoff chances this coming season?

Not looking to poke fun or insinuate you guys won't do well this year, just looking to get an insider perspective from a Caps fan on the subject. :slight_smile:

3. Joey4

No offense taken at all. I don't mind constructive conversation.

I think the Caps playing in this new Metropolitan division won't be such the transition that people think. Having played in the SE division, their style of hockey hasn't been very structured. They're playing good teams and I think they'll be forced to play better. We've played well against the Pens, Rangers, Flyers, and Bruins in the past. This actually may be what the Caps need to get over that hump they've never been able to conquer.

Plus, Adam Oats is a good head coach.

How are the Islanders going to do this upcoming season?

My brother and I traveled up to a Rangers/Caps game a couple years ago and had a blast. I wouldn't mind seeing them against the Islanders or maybe heading up to Philly. We were at the Winter Classic in 2011. They just announced we're getting it in 2015. I'm pretty pumped.

4. Cthulhu

You guys will love Grabovski. Can't believe Nonis bought him out. So stupid!

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Frozen Tide and Birmingham Bulls fan! I went to a game last night and The Frozen Tide won 13-1. I remember going to the Bulls game and the glass broke. Twas a sight to see! >:3

6. Joey4

I hope so Cyhulhu. I sure will miss what Ribeiro did for us last season.

7. LILuke

Grabovski is a beast, can't believe Toronto let him go. He really helps Washington's scoring depth - which has been the thing that keeps letting you guys down in the playoffs. Shut down the Ovechkin line and the Caps are toothless after that. Signings like Grabovski helps to even out the scoring, which is the key to postseason success.

That's actually an excellent point about the quality of competition forcing their quality of play upwards, we'll see what happens once the season starts. :slight_smile:

As for the Islanders, their season comes down to the play of Evgeni Nabakov. Not in the sense of them needing him to carry them into the playoffs alla Columbus with Bobrovsky, but rather in the opposite sense. The Islanders need Evgeni Nabakov just play just well enough that he doesn't prevent them from making the playoffs. Their offense is probably going to be top ten in the league again, and their defensive corps is seriously upgraded from last season...the problem is just that their goaltending situation is abyssmal. I'm seriously hoping for an upgrade at that position - I've heard some rumors about Jonas Hiller being on the market - that would be phenomenal.

8. Cthulhu

Trust me, Grabovski > Ribeiro. Ribeiro can't play defense like Grabbo can. Also, keep your pineapples safe. He hates pineapples.

---------- Post added 28th Sep 2013 at 10:24 PM ----------

Knowing Nonis and the Leafs, he'll trade you guys Reimer for Colin McDonald and a 7th round pick.

9. Cthulhu

And the Leafs trade Colborne to the Flames for a conditional 4th (4th or 3rd round pick). Gotta keep dem facepunchers!

Also, Canes trade Zac Dalpe and Welsh to the Canucks for some guy and a 4th.

10. LILuke

If only, if only. I've heard some suggestions floated around that Andrew MacDonald might get packaged with some picks for Reimer, which I'm torn on because I love AMAC. Seriously underrated defensive defenseman [he was 3rd in blocked shots last year], very dependable and solid in his own zone.

11. Joey4

Good call on Grabo. So far he's working well with this team.

12. LILuke

Yup, Leafs are going to rue the day they bought him out for a LONG time.