1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Etheridge wins academy award

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LorenzG1950, Feb 26, 2007.

1. LorenzG1950

Melissa Etheridge said it so naturally during her acceptance speech. "I want to thank my wife....."

I'm sure that had a few bible belt homophobes pissing in their beer:eusa_danc . Coolest thing I've seen or heard on national TV in sometime.
    Here is the rest from the news ticker:

"An Inconvenient Truth" also won original song for Melissa Etheridge's "I Need to Wake Up."

"Mostly, I have to thank Al Gore for inspiring me, showing me that caring about the earth is not Republican or Democrat, it's not red or blue. We are all green," Etheridge said.

The openly gay Etheridge kissed her partner, Tammy Lynn Michaels, on the lips when her name was announced and onstage referred to Michaels as her wife. The couple held a commitment ceremony in 2003 and are the parents of twins.

"Maybe someone at home is going, 'Did she say wife?' '' Etheridge said backstage. "I was kissing her because that's what you do, you kiss your loved one when you win an Oscar, that's what I grew up believing.":slight_smile:

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Melissa Ethridge....hmm, how would i describe her.....oh yeah!.....

(!) :eusa_clap (!) :eusa_clap (!) :eusa_clap (!) :eusa_clap (!) :eusa_clap (!) (!) :eusa_clap (!) :eusa_clap (!) :eusa_clap (!) :eusa_clap (!)
    IFREAKINGFUCKINGHELLOFALOTALOVEHERTODEATHANDTHENSOME

She's funny, she's beautiful, she's intellegent, she's graceful, she's strong and she can say it like no other can. She is truely our best advocate out there. There are no words to describe the tingling sensation i felt just before jumping up and down, up and down, while screaming yes at the top of my lungs. I mean her acceptance speech and what she said backstage. Brillant, just brillant.

Shutting up now.:dry: