1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hockey!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Trumpetplyer23, May 30, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Who is a big hockey fan here?

I love hockey, it's my favorite sport to watch and play. In terms of the NHL, my favorite team is the Detroit Red Wings and they have been since I was five years old.

Anyone following the Stanley Cup Finals?

2. NoLeafClover

Go Bruins! I was only relatively recently introduced to the sport, so I'm no vet...but it's fun to watch. It might be a Boston thing too =P

3. cc6log

once my boys Phaneuf, Iginla, and Kiprusoff got beat out I haven't followed as closely. Although the Penguins should turn it around and even up the series, I can't see the wings losing this one.

4. Trumpetplyer23

If the Wings keep playing crappy, they will, but, if they turn around and start playing well, then the Detroit Red Wings will be the Stanley Cup Champs (again!!!)

How about Sidney Crosby? What do you think of him? Personally, I don't think he's as good as everyone makes him out to be. I think he's good (I mean, he's in the NHL, and he's better than quite a few other players), but I think everyone just hyped him up too much. I also think he's not a good sportsman, last year when he was playing against Peter Forsberg, he got really mad, slammed his stick against the boards and was yelling profanities. I think Alexander Ovechkin is better.

5. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

I don't watch NHL... as its not big in England, but I love field hockey :grin:

I have been playing for about 4/5 but really wish I started earlier. Hockey isn't really that big in the UK unfortuneatly, but we had the europian championships here last year which I went to watch live. It was amazing seeing the world no. 1's Holland playing and they were immense!! Hopefully I am planning on going to the euro's next year as well which are in Holland, but that plan needs alot more work!!

I have been playing senior club hockey for a about 4 years and really enjoy it.. although none of my friends play which is a shame :frowning2: they don't know what they're missing out on :grin:

I do watch it whenever its on Tv though.. which isn't very often. That's what football/soccer is for.. it's just hockey with no sticks :grin:

6. Trumpetplyer23

My school has a hockey team, if I had the right equipment, was better at playing, and didn't hate half the guys on the team, I'd definatly join!!!

I've only played field hockey once, it was pretty cool. As for football/soccer, love to watch the sport (I have several friends that play on the school team), but I suck at it, lol.

7. Trumpetplyer23

The Detroit Red Wings won their 11th Stanley Cup last night!!!!! GO WINGS!

8. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

WWOoooooooooOOOooOOOoooOOoOOoooOo.. GO WINGS!! lol

hee hee :grin::grin: