1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Single Man

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Egan, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Egan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just finished watching the movie "A Single Man", starring Colin Firth. What a brilliant movie. I enjoyed it immensely. What did you all think of it? And do you know of any other similar movies that I might enjoy? By the way, I watched this with my wife (I am an in the closet bi-sexual, and she does not know), and she too absolutely loved it. Colin was the perfect actor for the role.

2. kem

kem

I love it. It's a brilliantly thought-provoking but also aesthetically pleasing film. It was cathartic.

3. hichat

I watched the movie "Weekend". It's so sad. :frowning2:

4. timo

I loved it, wonderful film.

5. hichat

Yeah... I can understand how the guy feel when the other guy left. Although it was only 2 days but they have a strong relationship between them.

6. Harve

Weekend is amazing and is filmed in a city nearish to where I grew up. Just so yous know.

A Single Man is quite good too!

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A Single Man is probably one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. Beautifully photographed, incredible detail in the sets, costumes, production design, and cinematography, and a moving storyline. Did anyone else notice that the color saturation of the film changes with different moods within the film? I thought that was an extremely subtle, but interesting touch. And all of the roles were well-developed characters with great acting.

Too bad it didn't do well at the box office... but it was a difficult film to sell, and the average mainstream audience probably wouldn't have the level of appreciation for it that it deserves.

Still one of my favorites.

8. Egan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, I did notice the color saturation changes. Funny though, I read a few reviews that said it was distracting. I definitely didn't think so, and thought it was a very cool idea. Beautiful film in every way.