1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hairspray

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, May 31, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Ok, I figured it deserved it's own thread, cause the musical is just plain awesome :astonished:\

I loved the original, and the remake is even better, though my sister swears the original still beats it, and Ricki Lake (originally played tracy) should've been given a bigger part then one of the talent scouts at the end.

Anyways, am I the only one who LOVED this movie? I watch it every day :3 I've been listening to the soundtrack for a few months now XD After searching on youtube, there are 3 scenes that were deleted for no reason... here they are :astonished:

Edna Getting Arrested (made a lot of the comments make sense, and really advances John Travolta's character, why leave it out?)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1djmPoOjjBE[/youtube]

Velma getting arrested (Ok, this is just awesome, and they cut it cause the finale was already too long -.-)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=18EZDEsyx4w[/youtube]

And finally the deleted song, I can wait, sang by tracy when penny's mom locked her up. Explained how Penny magically appeared in her room, and why nothing was mentioned about tracy until without love started... lol

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MNxrzvG96I[/youtube]

[youtube]

2. Étoile

I love the musical too. The first time I saw it was in French class (don't ask why we where watching it. Maybe because everyone thinks my French teacher is gay? LOL). We didn't get to finish the whole movie but the song about the new girl in town is my favorite. I love how they sung it in the movie.

3. Paralyzer

I've always wanted to see this!

My friends don't have any taste in movies.
    Haaaa........

So yeah :grin:

*also wanted to see (before it became critically acclaimed on EC)
    Juno and Across the Universe

butttt yeah,
    I need new friends.. haha

4. Tim

Tim

Haven't seen Juno yet, but I've seen Across the Universe... they're like on drugs 24/7, I was freakin out just watching it LOL.

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I love hairspray, I heard they were making the movie like two days after I saw the play and I was excited, but I personally think the play is much better then the movie but thats how it usually is

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not really into musicals, and any plot about high-school girls instantly turns me off, so I'm not in much of a rush to see this one. If I absolutely must watch a musical, I like it to be a little more serious, disturbing, or odd. I just finished watching RHPS for the fiftieth time, and that's about the only type of musical I really enjoy.

7. LOVEjames

Hairspray is the most fantastic thing ever. :grin:
    I listen to the soundtrack all the time. >_>

8. TyraBanksIsFierce

Hairspray was SOOOOOOOOO boring, I turned it off halfway through.

9. Tim

Tim

It's not about a high school girl. Sure, she's the main character, but the movie is about ending segregation on TV in Baltimore, and how one person can make that much difference.