1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody like Kpop?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Projectfabulous, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Projectfabulous

So I'm new to this site (so pardon my ratchetness), and it seems like no one likes kpop, or korean pop music, and i was wondering if there was anybody out there who does:slight_smile: so do you like it, or, first of all, have you ever heard of it (Gangnam style is kpop, yes).

2. Ticklish Fish

People I listen to:
    BoA, Younha, Super Junior (sexy Siwon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), SHINee, Girl's Generation/SNSD, f(x)

people disbanded and i discovered:
    SS501

People I need to listen to more songs of:
    DBSK, Se7en, 2AM, 2PM, IU

#2 Ticklish Fish, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  3. Seraph

Big K-Pop fan here !!

I like some groups/people like: 2NE1, T-ara, Davichi, Ailee, IU, Lee Hi, Han SoA, Humming Stereo Urban, Taru, Suki... Some of them aren't very popular but they got beautiful voices :X.

I don't listen to boy bands that often, just because I prefer girl voice lol.

4. Projectfabulous

I totally agree. I think they have better range and sound, and, they dance SO MUCH BETTER.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, KPop is great!

6. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Yes I do.

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I like Kpop but I'm not one of them "SUPaaa KAwaaaiii Desuuuu ^_______^ Y Oppaaaaaaa "

Sort of people..

8. Vanille

I like kpop too! But I havent listed to it in forever. I mostly listen to SNSD, SHINee, Super Junior, and 2NE1

9. Bolin

I looooooooooove k-pop. It's the only thing I really listen to besides classical music and video game music. I love SHINee, 2PM, 2AM, EXO, Big Bang, 2NE1, SNSD, Wonder Girls, miss A, Brown Eyed Girls, MFBTY, JJ Project, 15&, IU, Lee Hi, San E, Kara, GLAM, EXID, LC9, Evol....I'm probably forgetting a lot more. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. toushirojaylee

present!Taeyang is my fave!

oh and se7en!:grin:

11. GirlWhoWaited

YES!!! I love k-pop. And k-dramas. But no one else watches them. Lol.

12. Projectfabulous

Holy goodness! I wasn't expecting so many Kpoppers!! :3 Good to know that there are some others out there:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ahaha and GirlWhoWaited, do you recommend any kdramas? I've seen some, but I don't know where to start ahaha

13. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Girl's generation, always and forever!

14. Ticklish Fish

I think i might pick up Escape plan B. there's some hot actors there :slight_smile: ( and i hope shirtless scenes)

15. Belle

Not a big Kpop fan, but I love BoA and f(x). Their just too awesome!

16. GirlWhoWaited

"You Are Beautiful" is a really cute dramedy (Think Ouran High School Host Club with a boy band). My personal favorite is "City Hunter", which is about a guy who tries to avenge his father's death Batman-style. If you like REALLY cheesy, cutesy romances, "Playful Kiss" is pretty good. "Boys Over Flowers" is a classic too. :slight_smile: What do you like?

17. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Yes! Yes! Yes! Love K-Music (2NE1, G-Dragon, Teddy, Hyuna and honestly whoever I hear in passing). I love K-Movies (mostly crime dramas.)

I love 2NE1, but I'm really loving solo CL. Have you seen "The Baddest Female" mv? This song brings out so much fun ghettoness in me. :lol:

Oh and watch this guy (his feels are so my feels and he's hilarious):
    CL - The Baddest Female (

18. lil boi

Lol, I didn't think a lot of non-Asian people liked K-Pop. Well idk if any of you are Asian (I'm sure a couple of you are), but I know not all of you are.

Every Asian kid I know loves K-pop, well I shouldn't say EVERY Asian, but we all have our favorite artist/group or song. Anyone I know who isn't Asian tend not to like K-pop or K-dramas.

I prefer the music in K-dramas more than K-pop though. Don't get me wrong, the music in K-pop is awesome, but the lyrics and the emotions they present in K-pop are either weird or crazy, especially if you've seen the music videos, lol. I mean five years ago I loved K-pop, like Big Bang and Girl Generation. But now a lot of K-pop just seems too wild. I guess you could say a lot of music here in the U.S. is like that now days to. But with that said, there are still some good songs now days.

I think it's just me but I tend to like songs that are truthful and meaningful. That's probably why I like K-drama music more. But every once in a while I want to hear something more upbeat and fun. :grin:

19. GirlWhoWaited

(not Asian :wink: ) I kind of gravitate toward k-drama music too. That was where I was first
    exposed to K-anything, so...yeah. :grin: At the moment, I particularly like "Suddenly" from City Hunter and everything Jung Yonghwa does.

20. lil boi

Aha, well one of my favorite K-Dramas songs is the one in Secret Garden. I don't remember the name but it's my favorite so far. I've heard a bunch from a lot of other dramas, but I can't seem to remember any atm. xD

Aha, and yeah K-dramas came first before I was introduced to K-pop (though my mom would listen to BOA all the time when I was young, but I thought she was Japanese at the time, lol)