1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just finished Death Note...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KingdomKeyDK, Oct 7, 2013.

1. KingdomKeyDK

WHAT?!?!?!?! Why did...? But how...? Meh.......

2. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Trololololo

Yup..that is the reaction of most of us! I love Death note, and i have seen twice...but that ending...god...

3. Bryar Thorne

I was so disappointed.. and heartbroken.. By that time I'd fallen into anime love with Light.. So I was sad to say the least.. xD

4. GirlWhoWaited

I wasn't surprised by it. I think the Mello/Near arc was the most disappointing part for me. L was such an incredibly perfect, quirky character that his successors fell a bit flat for me. I loved Light as a character, but I kind of knew what was going to happen. Also, anyone else subscribe to the
    Light as a Shinigami
    theory?

5. Night

Night Guest

I certainly didn't. That's the first time I heard it. I just assumed

he was too murderous to really be anything but dead. It became easy to hate him, and I think most people wanted him dead and not reincarnated as something else.

The (manga) ending was pretty intense, I never got into the anime but the manga version was definitely unsettling. I wasn't satisfied with it, but ah whatever.

6. KnightAssassin

The rules say he will become a shinigami so of course that is a very valid theory.

7. GirlWhoWaited

But there was the
    thing where a new shinigami was talking to Ryuuk at the end. He had a red tie around his head (similar to Light's uniform tie), and he gave him an apple. Also, he had Kira's red eyes. A human who uses the Death Note can't go to heaven or hell...why? Should they not be punished? Unless...they become part of the shinigami realm when they use it...just a theory. :wink:

8. Night

Night Guest

Ah makes sense. I haven't read the books in like literally five years, so I'm sure to forget things.

9. GirlWhoWaited

I also obsess a bit when I really like something. Lol. :wink:

10. kem

kem

I loved it!

11. Haze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I cried, which is weird because I've always been an L fangirl, but the end just hit me in the right place. Also I agree with GirlwhoWaited, neither Near nor Mellow came close to L, they were the biggest disappointment of the series for me. In any case, it's still an awesome anime and congrats for finishing it. :slight_smile:

12. GirlWhoWaited

I know. I was a little attached to Light...but I was a major L fan, and I guess
    I think Light deserved a worthier opponent than Near. Near was cool and all, but he wasn't nearly (get it? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) the adversary that L was...nor would the 2 weeks of handcuffed majesty have been legal... ;P Anyway, despite the second half being a bit weaker than the first, imo, it's my favorite anime.