1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Court-métrage (short films)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Carpe Noctem, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a great fan of court-métrage (Short Films), I think they can be more deep and way more artistic than a normal films, but still, short films are not as appreciated.

Some of my favourites are:

Contracuerpo by Eduardo Chapero-Jackson, it is about anorexia, it is like a silent film because there are no words during the whole film, no words but hundreds of messages and symbolisms : CONTRACUERPO de Eduardo Chapero-Jackson on Vimeo

Härlig är jorden by Roy Andersson, can be interpreted in many ways, for me it's about the white lives that white people [western civilization] live, carrying the burden of huge crimes as the Holocaust on their backs, but ignoring the screams of the past as they only care about money and success, slowly losing all colour in their lives [the whole film is not black and white but really gray and colourless] youtube link with subtitles : Härlig är jorden (Roy Andersson, 1991) - YouTube
    Although it's colourless it's a really "strong" movie, the first scene symbolizing the Holocaust is really dramatic and the scenes where actors just stare at you with those empty eyes always give me goosebumps!

I like many more, but I thought I should just state my favourites^^

So do you like short films? Which are your favourites? Please share with everyone :slight_smile: