1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best movies to watch after a break up?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by applepie, Oct 11, 2013.

1. applepie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are the best movies to watch after a break up?

Bonus points for favorite snacks to go with the movie! :thumbsup:

2. LD579

Mean Girls because it's always nice? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'd really just suggest any funny movie.

As for snacks: popcorn, chocolate, chips, ice cream, pizza, burgers... The possibilities and combinations are nigh endless. Treat yourself well; you could not be faulted for splurging every now and then.

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

That depends. Do you want to watch a movie that'll make you feel better (like sweet feel good movie) or that will make you more sad so you can cry all the sadness out (like listening to sad songs when you have a bad day)??

It the latter, I recommend (even though I've never had a relationship and thusly never a break up :lol:slight_smile: "The King and the Clown." It's a gay Korean drama. If you don't mind subtitles, have at it. It's amazing. There's a lot of feel good and a little tragedy that goes a long way, but love does triumph in the end. If you've just broken up with someone it might make you sad to see someone go through great lengths for the person they love even when it harms or endangers them to do so. ":cry: No one ever did that for me....I want to be someone's clown" or ":cry: I'm such a bastard, I've never done that for anyone....who's gonna be my clown? Wahaaahh!" *shovels ice cream into mouth* ---I presume this how people are after break ups.

As for straight up field good, any romcom from the early 2000s (1999-2004). Your "10 Things I Hate About You's" and your "She's All That's." Anything with Drew Barrymore during these years. :grin:

4. GirlWhoWaited

If you're feeling vindictive..."9 to 5" or "John Tucker Must Die".

5. Zular462

I'm a fan of a good Will Ferrell film when I'm down xx