1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady WhyWhy?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Moodlighter, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Moodlighter

Moodlighter Guest

So normally I do not care for Lady AgAg. BUT I LOVE Applause. For some reason. Why?

2. kem

kem

Oh come on, why not just call her by her stage name?
    As for why you like Applause, I really have no clue. Lady GaGa has her fair share of nice catchy pop songs but I didn't think Applause is that great.

3. Moodlighter

Moodlighter Guest

That is what intrigues me. The general consensus seems to be that she's boring/yesterday's new/the new song is crap etc. (This opinion obviously does not come from her die hard fans). Yet, I like it

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Gaga has always been hit-or-miss for me, but after a few listens, I found myself liking Applause (and this is from someone who has previously liked around five Gaga songs between all three albums, so certainly not a die-hard fan). It seems like she's going back to the production style that she used on The Fame Monster, which was my favorite style of hers personally, as The Fame was too generic and simple for me, and Born This Way went too far in the opposite direction, being too cluttered and over-the-top. For me, The Fame Monster was a nice middle-ground between the two: distinctive enough to set Gaga apart from her peers, but not as outlandish as her stage personality. "Applause" reminds me of that sound. So even though I was underwhelmed by it at first, since I expect something more revolutionary from the lead-off single of an album called "Artpop", now that I've removed that expectation, I enjoy it.

5. Miss Loopy

I like a few of her songs, not a lot, but this one is pretty decent...

I think it's because it's got a very catchy beat, but quite a deep meaning behind it.

I find I feel this way with similar songs too, eg. Little Talks.

6. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love it but obviously I am a huge Lady GaGa fan.

7. Moodlighter

Moodlighter Guest

"Revolutionary" is something I'd never expect from Gaga.
    "Generic", however, is.

That's another baffling point - to me, Applause is utterly generic, yet I like it. But then I guess I explore as many vast avenues of music as possible that it would come across to me as generic.

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2013 at 09:30 PM ----------

Deep meaning?