1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OUAT has First Open LGBT Character!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bannermanroadie, Oct 15, 2013.

1. bannermanroadie

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mulan from Once Upon a Time is a lesbian, she is in love with Aurora!

[​IMG]

Yay!

2. DrkRayne

IKR!!!! I am sooo excited!!!

3. pennydreadful

Out Status:
    A few people
    I just saw this WOW I mean Yay and oh I can not wait to see what happens

4. GirlWhoWaited

I knew this show would find a way to suck me back in. :wink:

5. DrkRayne

Same here. I stopped watching mid-season 2 and only looked at recaps. Now I'm going back to finish season 2. See what i missed. :slight_smile:

6. Tim

Tim

If it helps, Mulan doesn't appear in most of season 2. Only the first few episodes and then for like 5 second scene in the last episode, and isn't even portrayed by Jamie Chung, it's a stunt actor who has Mulan's helmet on. xD

Though you should still watch most of season 2 to not get confused by the storyline. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And @Topic Title: I wouldn't call "Secretly in love with" as "Open." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    AND it's a lesbian. Color me surprised :dry: Just add that to the hundreds of lesbian characters we have already.

The producer did an interview with The Backlot, saying they were going to add a gay character. I'm so disappointed they added a lesbian :frowning2:

Oh well.. I guess I'm going back to watch the four gay characters currently on tv, compared to the hundreds of lesbian characters. I'm used to the double standard and homophobia.

8. LILuke

Damn, that's pretty awesome.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Never seen OUAT but I find it funny that Mulan's the gay one, considering people always joke about Mulan being the Disney princess that turns girls into lesbians. :lol:

10. Confuzzled89

Confuzzled89 Guest

I was actually mad with this. I was not impressed. Why Mulan? Just because she’s a warrior and dresses like a man we have to make her the lesbian or bi (she did have feelings for Phillip)? Like, if you made someone else LGBTQ that you didn’t expect- like, I dunno, Tinkerbell or Red Riding Hood or someone else. Why Mulan? Pissed me off, felt like a VERY bad joke.

11. DrkRayne

Mulan never said she was in love with Phillip, Aurora assumed that and Mulan never commented on it. Yes she said she was saving Aurora due to her promise to Phillip, but people were commenting on her devotion last year. SleepingWarrior is a ship.

Also, its not just because of how she dresses, its because she is awesome. Like it or not, there ARE butch lesbians/bi women. We see so many femme lesbians on TV, so I think its cool that Mulan is different from most TV lesbians. She is b@d@$$

Also, there is supposed to be 11 episode story arc between the two of them and Aurora is a girly as they come, so if she is bi, there is your femme/lipstick

12. Tim

Tim

I was a little annoyed, but only because it means we probably won't see Shang. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. method

Yay for LGBT representation but where was the spoiler alert?! (But that's cause I'm old school and watch on regular TV, not your fancy internet box)

14. lostyrs77

Don't know if you saw but arrow and tomorrow people are suppose to be adding gay characters. They are being brought in by the same Guy who did brothers and sisters and Dawson creeks gay characters. Also 2 broke girls introduced a gay character as a waiter last episode that joined the other two at the diner.

15. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ouat is my guilty pleasure of the moment. Mulan had feelings for Philip too, no?

16. DrkRayne

never confirmed. That was Aurora saying that. Aurora said Mulan looked like she was in love and that she had feelings for Phillip. Mulan never said that. So...in my happy place, Mulan was just crushing on Aurora the whole time and used her vow to Phillip as an excuse.

17. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yay for even more L representation and again not nearly enough G representation! :rolle:

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2013 at 06:59 PM ----------

I bet my ass that all of those three characters will be lesbian. When they say they will add a gay character it almost always means the L part of our achronym. It's like the G part doesn't even exist. Case in point.. the producer of OUAT said they would add a gay character, even did an interview with The Backlot, a GAY MALE entertainment site. Whataya know.. they ended up adding a LESBIAN. The producer of Vampire Diaries (who is gay himself) promised us like three seasons ago that he would add a gay character, three seasons later and whataya know! A lesbian character. So again.. no gay character (as in gay male).

Sorry if I'm sorta pissed off/annoyed. I'm happy for the lesbians who get even more representation on tv. I'm just sad for the lack of gay or bisexual male characters currently on tv. We need more.

18. lostyrs77

Captain Hook should have been gay

19. DrkRayne

With that eyeliner...totally.

20. Tim

Tim

Haha, just like with SleepingWarrior, there's a fanfic community for a certain gay couple with Hook. xD