1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who's finished House of Hades? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by INTJ, Oct 17, 2013.

1. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    This has got to be the best book in the entire series. This topic is to discuss this book and in particular one of the characters.

So IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE BOOK DO NOT READ THIS TOPIC

Anyway for me personally, there were two things that made this an exceptional book. Firstly the story of Annabeth and Percy traveling through Tartarus was just so amazing. I was hooked on every page fascinated with their struggle and how their relationship held them together. Not only that, but Bob was just SO AWESOME. It made me incredibly sad when he and the other Titan sacrificed themselves. So sad :frowning2:

The second thing was not surprisingly Nico's development and him coming out as gay. It moved me so much because Nico was always one of my favorite Demigods and the one I could relate to the most being introverted, weird, lonely and geeky. When he came out I just wanted to hug and support him. Never in a book have I experienced such a strong emotional response.

Rick Riordan is so amazing. I want to say more but I'm doing this on my phone but yeah let me know what you guys thought of this book.

#1 INTJ, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. Bear101

I loved House of Hades. I loved Nico and I especially loved Jason's response. I'm also thankful for the tactfulness of Rick Riordan and how he handled it. The other thing that I liked about this book is that it was a bit longer and less formulaic than a bunch of his other books. It's still formulaic, but because of having different "teams" (i.e. Percy & AnnaBeth, the heroes on the Argos II, etc), it wasn't as bad this time.