1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music you love?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Depeche, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Depeche

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what great albums do u own & what can u recommend?

Ive just discovered a band called Django Django.

Can you recommend any albums?

2. Etak

AFI- Decemberunderground. Pure awesomeness.
    Ed Sheeran- +. Good if you like a lot of mellow acoustic. Kiss Me and A Team are spectacular.
    Snow Patrol- Eyes Open. If you like Django Django, you'd probably like them.

3. Moodlighter

Moodlighter Guest

Nicola Hitchcock - "Passive Aggressive".
    Gorgeous blend of acoustic, trip hop, ambient, downtempo music and sparse, atmospheric soundscapes, with Nicola's tender, lush voice.

Rich, understated, uplifting at times, moody at others.

4. arcchi

Mumford & Sons - it's folk/indie, try listen "babel" and "white blanck page"
    Ok Go - i think its rock, its a old band (since 1998). ok... seriously if you search for this band watch the clips! *they are so awesome*

Owww, i love him, did you listen "Drunk"? (if you dont, i recommend, its really cool ^^)

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Here are my top three:

1. Agalloch - The Mantle (Full Album) - YouTube

This album changed the way I listen to music. Agalloch combines folk, post-rock, and black metal stylings into something that's unlike anything I've heard before finding them or heard since (although this album has much less black metal influence than the others). I highly recommend it.

2. Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason (full w lyrics) - YouTube

Let's not beat around the bush: Woods of Desolation is an atmospheric black metal bands with some depressive-suicidal black metal influence. If you don't like black metal, I can't see you liking this album. But the way D (the man behind this one-man band) combines the serenity of atmospheric black metal with the despair of DSBM is mesmerizing to me. As a metalhead, I would almost say this album is relaxing to me, but I think it's more accurate to say it puts me in a trance-like state. If you're musically open-minded, give it a shot.

3. DEATH GRIPS - THE MONEY STORE (FULL ALBUM) - YouTube

This one was absolutely not love at first listen, or even fifth listen. It took a long time to grow on me, but grow on me it did. Death Grips is an experimental hip hop group that infuses their music with elements of noise music and industrial rock. And though learning how to enjoy this album was a challenge, ever since I did, it has been incredibly rewarding.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My taste in music is really weird so don't mind me.

Falconer - They're a power metal band from Sweden, but they're fantastic. I haven't had any problems with their albums and my first was Chapters from a Vale Forlorn. Here's a taste of their work -- Falconer - The Clarion Call (No Music Video) - YouTube

Macabre - I haven't heard a lot of their stuff yet because it seems so scarce online. They're a "murder metal" band and their songs are sort of like nursery rhymes about serial killers. My favorite so far is Dahmer. Macabre - Dahmer (Full Album) - YouTube (I will say this about this video, there's a weird moment where everything skips and lags. My apologizes)

Placebo - Pretty cool band from England that I'm sure almost everyone has heard of. Here's a Best Of set someone made -- Placebo - Best Of - Full Album - YouTube

Rammstein - Killer band as everyone knows. This is the first album (Sehnsucht) of theirs I've heard all the way through. Rammstein - Sehnsucht (Full Album) - YouTube