1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remake of "Carrie"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Williamtheloner, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Williamtheloner

Has anyone seen it?

I have and tbh I am feeling a little bit dissapointed because the director kept on saying that it would be more faithful to the book, but they only added like 1 or 2 things from the book and the rest felt like a updated direct remake of the 1976 film. The ending was crap too. Chloe was great as Carrie but she didn't look as creepy as Sissy did during the prom scene and that took away the horror element of the film for me. Imo, Julianne was better than Piper as Margaret though.

What are your thoughts?

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked it and I thought it was good. I'm not gonna say it's better than the original because I have only seen it once and it was a long time ago. I'll probably have to see it again to be able to say which one is better. Although I loved the prank that those actors did. Telekinetic Woman Pranks Coffee Shop Customers! - YouTube

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't see any point in remaking a decent movie that has become quite iconic.

4. Hrantou

Yeah I agree...The original was not bad at all. I loved it and it was actually pretty scary and freaky. But you know Hollywood...we're in the "Remake" season right now. :dry:

I liked the original more.

5. Res

Res

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Agreed.

6. Northern

I saw it and it was pretty good compared to movies released nowadays but I wouldn't say it is better than the original at all. Worth a watch but not even close.

7. Carrie 2013 was alright. The original was better and much more scarier.

The main scene I truly cared the most was the prom scene. The original had a more spooky vibe, especially with the background music and also the way she left the gym. The remake's prom scene was more action-packed and not as scary.

I just want to touch on one thing here. Carrie is the only reason why I will never be an asshole to others, instead I would show empathy. A bully never knows what happens when their victims are at home. Sometimes, the bullying never stops for them. If a peer just took one minute to show sympathy (or empathy) to a victim, it could change a whole lot for them.