1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Law and Order SVU

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sinkorswim, Oct 24, 2013.

1. sinkorswim

SVU is my favourite show.. I miss Stabler though, how good was the season 15 premiere?! :eusa_clap

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly think that it's on its last legs. I think season 15 will be the last season. I first saw SVU 4 years ago and have since watched every episode ever made on Netflix, and they desperately need the old writers and old characters back.

3. sinkorswim

sadly I agree to be completely honest.. it went downhill when Christopher Meloni left! I must say the majority of episodes I watch are the old ones, they're the best.

4. mvjp

i agree i mean we're a little behind in the uk so i haven't seen any of season 15 but its definitely on the way out - i miss elliot!

5. sinkorswim

yeah we are, universal channel has to get their shit together! hahaha:L & me too, it's so bad without him:frowning2: also Munch has announced he's leaving! it's going down the pan!

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another good one that only lasted one season was Law and Order: Trial By Jury. It's too bad that one didn't catch on, mainly because it didn't have all the investigative drama of the typical Law and Order franchises because it focused mainly on the trial phase. In fact, so few people watched it that there was one episode left that they didn't air, and you have to buy the lone season on DVD in order to see it.

7. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to love this show. I stopped watching around Season 8 or 9. I think I stopped because they were giving more episodes to Ice-T and Adam Beach. They were OK as periphery characters but I don't think either character was strong enough to carry an entire episode.

It's weird going back to the first season to see how the style of the show changed over the years. They used to let Munch take the witness stand and go on a rant. Brilliant TV :thumbsup:

8. Hrantou

Looks like I'm in the minority then. I never really was fond of Meloni. He was great don't get me wrong, but I like it better now.

But I do agree that it looks like they're gearing up for an ending to the show soon. Without posting spoilers, if you watch the show you can get that idea.

I love the show though. If it does go away, I'm going to need a replacement D:

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still love the show. But if they get rid of Benson, I'm done. XD

10. Gallatin

I love this show. I actually thought they compensated for Stabler's departure pretty well. But while this season's premiere was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long, long time, I think the show as a whole feels a bit tired, which is probably only natural after 15 seasons. When it does eventually go off the air, I'll be quite sad.

11. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Uh are y'all watching the same show as I am because this season has been amazing so far, and in my opinion, I think it's gotten better since Stabler left.

I would very surprised if it wasn't brought back for another season.

12. Foxface

Casey Novak is my ADA as far as I am concerned!

I stopped when Elliot left as well

Foxface