1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Rebellion Story (It's finally here!)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tetraquark, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

The new PMMM movie is out in Japan! I won't get to see it until December, but even just reading a summary of it was enough to break my heart.

Spoiler'ed for actual spoilers.
    I always suspected Homura would be pretty messed up from all that she went through, and the more I think about it, the more her actions seem in-character. It's still depressing as hell, though. Here's hoping she gets a chance at redemption...

...during the rumored second season. The director pressured the writer to leave room in the ending for one, so it's a possibility.

Anyone else excited to see it or have other thoughts they want to share?

2. Nyanko

I wanna see it. D: I remember there being this article showing off all the things being sold during the premiere; water bottles shaped like all five girls (of course with no heads, which is LOL worthy in Mami's case), a Madokami figurine (I think) and tote bags with Kyubey on them. So cute.

So if there is a rumored second season, wouldn't it use the Kazumi/Oriko (most likely one) manga material? I thought they were pretty interesting.

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I dunno, but it would make sense given that one of the characters in them predicted something like the plot of Rebellion Story would happen (I think? I haven't read the spin-offs yet). The only official source mentioning anything about a second season or other continuation of the series is in Japanese and apparently only mentions that the ending was meant to leave the possibility for one.

4. Nyanko

I don't think Gen Urobuchi really expected audiences to like it as much as they did, so pretty much left it open to see what the response was once it finished airing (BD+DVD sales). Apparently he wrote the story as he went on, so the possibility of getting a second season written by him sounds pretty thin. I liked Kazumi and Oriko, but neither had that special touch Urobuchi gave the anime to make them something as epic. I'd still watch either if they got animated though.

5. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica gets extremely good reception,several spinoffs, and now 3 compatilation movies? A second season seems pretty likely, especially since the premise is so unique.
    If it's another author doing the storyline, I wouldn't mind, so long as their work was somewhat similar to the original's.
    Either way, Urobuchi (a.k.a. Urobutcher) is a great author and I can't wait to see his next project.

#5 An Gentleman, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  6. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Necro'ing my own thread because the movie finally hit the United States. Did anyone else here go see it?

7. sanguine

man, I have to wait till the 1st of feb to watch it here :/

Though I did watch a crappy camera version online (I know pirating is not good) but hey im desperate and it was GOOD! soooooo sad, poor girl.

will def watch it when it comes out, have everything planned with my friends, they refuse to watch the crappy version I did, oh well, its worth the second watch just to appreciate the art.

OH and I totally ship Homura and Madoka, OTP!!!

8. Cynical

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I still need to watch the 3rd. The first 2 gave me immense feels, like at EP3 part, I almost started crying cause I knew what would happen