1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridegroom

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by tallygirl1128, Oct 27, 2013.

1. tallygirl1128

Hi everyone! I just finished watching the movie Bridegroom. For those that don't know what it is, it's about a couple, Shane and Tom. Tom and Shane were together for 6 years, they had a house, a dog, and a business together. Tom fell to his death off the fourth floor of a building. Shane and his friends and family were banned from the funeral. Tom's parents cut him out of their life and acted like Shane never existed.

Shane put together a video and posted it on youtube. It spread worldwide, and the movie Bridegroom was made. It is a heartfelt and extreme sad movie that shows the true definition of discrimination and homophobia (in my opinion.)

If you have the chance and the way to see it, I would definitely do it. This is the first time it aired on TV and hopefully it won't be the last. Watch it if you can, you will cry at the end.

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw the YouTube video last year, just that video alone brought me to tears. I can only imagine how more emotional the movie will make me.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I seen his original Youtube video last year and it affected me very very badly and sent me into a mild depression, lol. Thinking about how abruptly the love of his life was gone and how terrible Tom's parent's treated Shane after Tom passed away was deeply saddening. Shane had no rights and was pretty much erased. And the inequality of him not being able to see Tom before he died at the hospital and how that is something that could possibly effect any of us LGBT people.

I was a bit afraid to watch Bridegroom since I figured it would be even more sad seeing/hearing the full story, although it wasn't so bad in that regard. The film has a wonderful message and I'm very happy that it has the chance to reach out to people and maybe change some hearts.