1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Jun 7, 2008.

?

Which is better?

1. Xbox 360

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. PS3

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I really wanna get one of these since alot of games come out for these and not Wii. I don't however know which one I should get. Which do you guys think is better the xbox or PS3?

2. Poring

honestly, it all depends on the games you like. Some games can only be found on 1 console.

Also, the PS3 is more of a all-in-one package (home theater, gaming, etc), while the 360 is more on just gaming.

3. davo-man

Well, I went for a PS3, just cos it had a better marketing campaign hehe :grin:

Nah, I went for it cos it was on sale at the time ($100 bucks off and GTA4 thrown in for free) and because I had a lot of PS2 games. I know they don't work on the PS3, but the sequals they create/d for the games I had primarily would come out on PS3 (like Ratchet & Clank, GTA, Prince of Persia etc....although nowadays, there isn't a lot of console exclusivity)

I think the PS3 looks nicer, although it attracts dust like a bitch

However, i think the biggest selling point is the inbuilt Blu-Ray player. I mean, you can still pay $1000 for a dedicated blu-Ray player, but if you get a PS3, you get it included.

Anyway, to sum up; both are really good and it really is up to you, since soon enough fan-boys (and girls) are going to be telling you that theirs is technologically better yadda yadda yadda. Whatever feels right to you and whatever you can afford/is on sale

4. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

thanks I guess Ill have to look online to see what games are for what systems.

5. Alex

Xbox still have the best games imo.
    PS3 is in every way a superior system so id say get the PS3

6. JSG

JSG Guest

Get the PS3

7. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Yea, I looked at what games are for which and I think I'm gonna go with the Xbox

8. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd say 360, it has much more impressive games. Thats what it all boils down to, which console has the best games and with Gears of War, Halo 3, Mass Effect and the upcoming Fabe 2 to name a few I think the Xbox 360 does the best in that area

9. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

^ I so want Fable 2 when looking at what games are for which that is what won me over

10. TyraBanksIsFierce

PS3 isn't an option, waaaaay to expensive for me, I'd get an Xbox 360 but I can't afford that either u_u

Oh Well. Go PS2!

11. jazzrawr

i like Xbox better, it has Xbox live and cool stuff.

But if i had a choice id buy a PS 2, i like the games for it. (rock band, kingdom hearts, DDR. XD)

12. Blitzkrieg

Xbox 360 has better quality and more in demand games to choose from.

13. The PS2 version of Rock Band isn't anywhere near as good as the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

14. PatC

The wii of course, it has superior graffics:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Depends on what type of games you like. I went with a Wii because neither the PS3's or 360's libraries are appealing to me, but if I had to choose between the two, the PS3 has more of my sort of games. Half the 360's selection is shooters and racers and sports, and those just aren't me.

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As others have said, choose the console based on the availability of the types of games you like to play. That is what it is for - playing games. Hi-spec graphics etc is irrelevant if there aren't many games available that you like.

Markie (my partner) has sold his X-box 360 and his PS/2 now, and just has a Wii. He prefers the games available for that, and likes motion sensing controllers (so it is not all thumb control).