1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Queer as Folk lovers?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by fortheloveoflez, Oct 28, 2013.

1. fortheloveoflez

I really love that show! Ya...there are some misogynistic remarks and a lot of cracks against lesbians but besides that I still love it. Somehow....that show induces so many feelings in me both negative and positive. And the romance between Justin and Brian is so beautiful. Why? Because I feel like it actually grows and morphs throughout the series.

What do you all think?

2. tallygirl1128

OMG, yes!! Loved that show! I loved Mikey and Ben the most :slight_smile:

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love the series! Used to watch it with my wife... :rolle:

4. fortheloveoflez

Mikey and Ben are adorable too :slight_smile:

Ya, it's great isn't it?

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to sneak out to the living room late at night and watch it on Showtime with the volume turned way down so no one would hear anything remotely relevant to my being gay. xD

That show taught me so much about life, both gay and straight. At the time (being a horny teen) I watched mainly hoping to catch a nude scene, but it turns out it affected me greatly.

Still love it. :slight_smile:

6. Siarad

Only watched the original British version (we watched the first episode in a university lecture then I went and found the rest of them). I liked it and it's interesting how ground-breaking it was at the time but I always found the relationship between the central character and the 15 year old a little unsettling. I remember the lecturer mentioning that some British gay people were quite angry because at the time they were fighting for the equalising of the age of consent (so the age of consent for gay men brought down to 16, the same as straight couples) and here was a grown man having sex with a boy below the straight age of consent.