1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man of Steel 2: Superman vs. Batman

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by unknown17050, Oct 30, 2013.

1. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    The new Superman vs. Batman (do not bother correcting me; I know of my discredit towards the actual probable name; Superman should come first; not Batman, as it is Superman's movie) is coming out in 2 years and has made quite a few questionable decisions over the years with the idea to cast Ben Affleck as Batman, and this being the beginning for a possible Justice League Movie, it could end up good or bad; I personally believe this movie is doomed; but what do you guys think?

2. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't mind them casting Affleck as Batman. I imagine there was a lot of scepticism about Heath Ledger's ability to play the Joker when it was first announced that he had been cast in that role. I think we'll just have to wait and see what Affleck does with the character.

To be honest, I'm sick and tired of the Superman story. It's been done to death. And whilst you could say the same of Batman at least Nolan and Bale brought some new life to the franchise. I can't really say the same for Snyder. To me it just felt like any other Superman movie.

I've not been following the development of Superman vs. Batman so I can't say that it's doomed. I think I'll reserve judgement until I've at least seen a trailer.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I alone in imagining that Superman would break Batman over his knee in about three minutes or less if they fought? One is literally invincible, and the other is a guy with a lot of cool stuff.

Don't get me wrong; I like Batman and think he's powerful in his own right. But he can't bridge a gap in train tracks with his body.

4. Techno Kid

Can't Batman just make a kryptonite gun? : 3

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I think I can safely agree that this is basically a movie about what I did with my action figures. Minus imprompto cameos by Barbie and Legolas.

--

And here's the movie, in one image.

[​IMG]

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but Batman likes neither guns nor killing. And yet without exactly what you said (at least the Kryptonite), I can't see a way to subdue Superman.

7. Techno Kid

Yeah I think a better fight would be superman vs dr manhattan. haha
    (Not trying to go off topic with the thread)

8. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Pretty much and with Zach Snyder at the helm you can guarantee that the idea of using action figures to create Batman vs. Superman will be kept alive and would feel like such in 2015. :lol: