1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Jun 7, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

Okso, go ahead and laugh at me - ive never played any FF game, and i wanna try one to see what the game is like. But i know theres like a zillion different one. What ones can you guys suggest? oh, and i have a ps2 and gamecube, but im not sure what the ff games are made for...if that makes sense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Steam Giant

Final Fantasy games have been released on a miriad of systems. Luckily, you have a PS2. Almost every FF game was eventually released on either the that or the original Playstation. I would not recommend FFXI (11) only for the fact that it's an MMORPG, and not an actual console RPG like the others, and would not give you a good impression of what FF is really like.

Games I would recommend? Either FFIV (4) or FFVI (6). Those were called FF2 and FF3 in america when they were released, and they were released on the SNES. Even if you still have a working SNES, it'd be better for you to purchase the Playstation versions (that's the original Playstation, not PS2). You will need a Playstation memory card in order to play them, as a PS2 memory card will not work.

3. Tim

Tim

You know there's a final fantasy thread right? =p

But with a Ps2 and Gamecube, the only games I see you able to play are FF7, 8, 9, 10, X-2 (sequel to 10), 12, and crystal chronicles. If you have a GBA or DS, you can play 1-6, as they were all remade on one of the 2 systems. Out of what you can play now, I would suggest FF7, as it's a fan favorite, and an awesome game.

A few of the old games were remade on playstation, but I'm unaware as to which.

4. Steam Giant

As far as I know, they all have. The only real issue is that you'd need an old playstation memory card in order to play them. I haven't had to track one down lately, but I'm sure they're not difficult to find.

5. crimsonarcher

Since you have a PS2, I'd recommend the old ones first, such as origins,the reamkes of 2-6, or even Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX. Then you could try the actual ps2 ones, like X , X-2 and XII. You'll fall in love with the first cinematics, trust me!

6. Adrian

Adrian Guest

IV and VI are the best of the 2D ones. If you want to play something more recent for the PS2, X isn't bad for dipping your toes in the water. Might also be worth playing XII - it's not really a good indicator of what the series is like as a whole but you might get a lot of enjoyment out of it.