1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Papa Peachez - Allone

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ThatOneHuman, Nov 12, 2013.

1. ThatOneHuman

Out Status:
    All but family
    I had seen there was one for ARTPOP (which I actually put my input on), and I showed said input to my friends on another social network site, one of my friends on there waned me to do the same for Papa Peachez new album. I figured I would share and see if anyone else had any input they wanted to put on the album (since it just came out today).

So, here it is.​

Native Negro - First thought: "I like where this is going." Overall thoughts: I love the lyrics, especially the opening sequence. The strong female background vocals feel all gospel churchy, which somehow makes it even better. Rating: 8/10.

Dawn - First thought: "That voice is just perfect." Overall thoughts: The emotion he puts behind it, mixed with the way he brings his voice across. It's fucking beautiful. Rating: 10/10.

Broken Time - First thought: "Those small runners he does amuse me greatly." Overall thought: This is a really fun sounding song. Rating: 7/10.

Alive - First thought: "These lyrics are going to kill me (in a good way)." Overall thoughts: The lyrics are absolutely beautiful. Best lyrics in the entire album. Honestly, one of the most gorgeously put together songs I've heard in a while. Rating: 15/10.

More Alive - First thought: "It seems so dreamy." Overall thought: A more upbeat version of 'Alive', which makes the lyrics come across in a whole other light than 'Alive' does. Not as good as 'Alive', but definitely still wonderful. Rating: 9/10.

Marilyn - First thought: "The line, 'while I kiss your soul', had me snatched as soon as I heard it." Overall thoughts: It was a bit plain. As in...I zoned out towards the end while listening to it. My least favorite in the album. Rating: 5/10.

Lullaby - First thought: "This man and his slower songs. Damn." Overall thoughts: When he went really high pitched, I think I skipped a beat. I was not expecting the vocal range he showed during certain parts. Thus, I really liked this song and the meaning it holds within the lyrics. Rating: 9/10.

Dancing Lullaby - First thought: "I like the beat." Overall thoughts: Basically the same thing that 'More Alive' was; a techno-like version of 'Lullaby'. However, it still comes along pretty well. Rating: 7/10.

This House - First thought: "That first line was perfect." Overall thoughts: I enjoy where the song went. A very nice build-up! Rating: 8/10.

Sane - First thought: "Sounds all old school radio, pretty catchy right from the start." Overall thoughts: Not the best, but not the worst. Pretty fare. Rating: 7/10.

Allone - First thought: "I can't tell if it's going to be a slow song or a powerful song with an amazing build-up." Overall thoughts: Very haunting, almost gave me chills. The vocals in it are absolutely stunning and fit the haunting feel just perfectly. It is very relaxing and seems like a very beautiful to close off an album. Rating: 10/10.

OVERALL THOUGHTS ON THE ALBUM: It's very interesting when listened to as a whole instead of in one song singularity. Both beautiful and powerful in it's own right.