1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love so silent (0n going project)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by whenufree, Jun 11, 2008.

1. whenufree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have started to write a lesbian/ thriller/ drama and are looking for anyone who wants to preivew it. not mention spelling mistakes or gramma or anything of that material.
    Also i will say it is quite scary and pretty dark.

2. sayitforreals

3. agraves

I'd love to read it

4. sexyalex

Is it a re-make of "The L Word"?

cuz girl i have seen all the drama:dry:
    but I am lovin it! :grin:; sign me up, i wanna read drafts too.:grin:

5. RENThead

ohh, ill read!
    im not to good with spelling and grammer.
    but i would love to have a read.

6. whenufree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, everyone this is book i will attach it.
    The Love so silent​
    LOVE SO SILENT BY PATRICIA HARDY

Chapter one
    Katrina had seen her once before from a far she seemed so melodious and yet so fragile in her body. It was her eyes that first hypnotised Katrina they seemed to reach deep into your soul and read in to your darkest and strongest desire. She was auditioning for the talent show and Katrina was stood at the back of the hall just to hear her voice it was greatest thing she had ever heard. Rachel the object of Katrina’s affections opened her mouth and started to sing in the most beautiful voice. It caused Katrina to break in goose bumps it seemed to wrap around her and uplift her the way she hit the notes on the right spot. Katrina just stared at her she was so beautiful to her it was as though god had sent down his best angel to test Katrina’s temptation.

"Miss Carlise" Miss Cortuez shouted as she walked up to the back of the hall.” Miss Carlise"

Katrina snapped up

"Yes miss" She said

"Are you here to gawk or are you here to audition" She shouted loudly.

"Um Gawk I mean audition" It slipped out of her mouth. Before she knew it she was stood on the stage with a microphone in her hand and Rachel seated herself on the front of row of chairs. Katrina did her best not to stare.

"From the top then" Miss Cortuez shouted

Katrina froze she didn’t even want to audition and yet here she was upon the stage in front of Rachel. So she improvised

"Why do you not see who I am?
    Can’t you see where this feeling began?
    I was just a fool to not realise
    The love I felt for you inside"

Her eyes meet Rachel’s just for a fraction and this gave her courage

"I guess I am a coward to admit it to myself
    I guess it is best I put my feelings on the shelf
    For your never going to know the truth
    That I love you"

There was a moments silence than there was clapping. Katrina seemed to notice that Rachel was applauding the loudest this made her smile. As she walked down the steps Rachel walked up to her.

"Hey I didn’t know you did poetry" She said smiling

"I do a couple every now and then...I...I made that one on the spot" She admitted.

"Wow.... That was incredible out of curiosity that was that directed towards" She asked really intrigued.

"N...N...no one in particular" Katrina blushed and absently looked at her clock. "Oh god is that the time I have to go"

Katrina dashed as fast a she could, she had already made a fool of herself she didn’t want it to go any further. She hid behind the nearest pillar. Katrina sighed longily when she would ever have the courage to tell her. She didn’t think that she would, would she always act like an idiot around her. Rachel stared after her and sighed she felt such a familiarity towards Katrina and she couldn’t understand way, she had seen Katrina around school she wasn’t popular but she was respected she was sort of seeing some one but he never really interested her. Rachel had seen them kissing and Kat seemed thoroughly bored. she grabbed her stuff and walked out of the hall her mind still on Katrina she wasn’t looking and just as she was about to walk past the pillar she was Kat was standing behind she bumped into one of the renowned bullies in the school cassie.

"Hey it's the lesbian"

"Clear off cassie" Rachel said through gritted teeth

"What are you going to do" Cassie said as she pushed Rachel against the wall "Kiss me"

Cassie didn’t see Katrina step from behind the pillar she was hiding and walk slowly up behind her. She put a finger to her lip to signal silence.

"Well what you are going to do about" Cassie laughed cruelly as she slapped Rachel in the face. In one full movement Katrina grabbed Cassie buy the ###### of the neck pulled Rachel out of the way and slammed Cassie against the wall. Something seemed to be different about Katrina maybe it was her eyes Rachel couldn’t see.

"You know it’s funny. I thought homophobia went out in the 1970s" Katrina breathed as she still pinned Cassie against the wall somehow rendering her motionless maybe it was the fear.

“Get off me you creep”

Katrina’s eyes flashed dangerously “Mental note for you Cassie. When someone is pinning you against a wall don’t call them a creep it might make them want to hit you!” and as she said that Katrina slapped her harder then Cassie slapped Rachel. Just then a teacher walked into the hall

"Katrina what in the heavens is you doing" She shouted "This is not like you"

"I was only sticking up for Rachel miss. Cassie was being homophobic towards her and I thought I should teach her a lesson" her eyes still on Cassie "She is going to apologise now, Then I will let her go"

"I...I am sorry" Cassie, Katrina dropped her and then strolled off as though all she had been caught doing is feeding the ducks in the park. Everyone stared after her as she walked out the door. Rachel seemed to wake up then and she ran after Kat.

"Hey Kat...... Kat" she said as she ran through the door and ran up to Katrina who wasn’t very easy as she didn’t seem to be responding and she was walking fast. Katrina ducked as she went fasten her shoe laces and Rachel managed to stand in front of her. Kat looked up and a sort of smile played on her lips but it was gone within a moment.

"What in the gods name was that about" Rachel gasped as she tried to catch her breath "I mean I was doing pretty all right back there"

"Really" Katrina replied standing up and sitting on the bench nearest to them "You like letting no good bullies slap you in the face. I mean from where I was standing you wasn’t doing a fantastic job"

Rachel blushed "What were you doing standing behind that pillar anyway spying on me"

"I was looking in my bag for something" She said flawlessly "Why who are you my mum"

Katrina stared at her they stood face to face Rachel felt uneasy as though she didn’t recognise the girl she spoke to just 15 minutes before it was though she had a whole personality shift. It was the way her doll blue eyes had gone to hazel brown and they was like tunnels.

"Tell you what princess" Katrina said as she got up on her feet "Next time I will let Cassie slap you around tell you what I will go and get her for you right now if you like"

"It’s not up for you to rescue me you know" Rachel shouted after Katrina’s retreating back. Katrina just turned around and smiled.

“No your right” Katrina smiled “its your job”

The next day Rachel didn’t see Katrina until lunch time. She felt a bit bad as she walked unto her. Kat was sitting with friends; she was just about to say something when Cassie and her cronies walked up to the table. Katrina froze in her act of eating as though she sensed danger on the offing. She looked up and once again Rachel seemed to tell there was something different in Katrina. It was the Kat she saw on the stage

"Well isn’t it the lesbians defender" Cassie seemed to gloat, as her friend close around Katrina seemed to straighten up, Kats friends moved away "Not so tough now are"

Rachel seemed to hear Kat mutter the word "Psycho" and Kat closed her eyes it was though her whole body seemed to shake and she snapped her eyes open. Cassie stepped back it was those her eyes the way the seemed to be so cold and in that instant it was as though hell and broke lose Cassie lunged at Katrina and Kat floored her in the instant and her friends backed Katrina in an instant against the wall a sort of wary smiled crossed her lips..

“You now what they say don’t they people can lose control when there angry and it is even worse when they’re backed against the wall” Katrina said it softly but everyone in the hall seemed to have heard it.

Katrina turned and faced the wall. She spun around as one of Cassie friend landed one on her jaw and they all started to beat her and then there was a scream that sent shivers down every person in the hall. Even the teachers where immobilised. All of Cassie friends went flying one by one they slammed against the wall and slid slowly unconsionce to the floor. Cassie sat up woken and looked terrified as Katrina walked slowly kicking chairs slowly out of the way and she picked up Cassie by the ear and whispered five words.

"Get out of here now!"

Cassie ran without looking back. Katrina walked out of dining room and seemed to walk shakily to down the hall. Rachel ran and got there just as Katrina collapsed and cracked her head against the wall with a heavy thud. Rachel sat on the floor and checked that Kat was still breathing. A teacher ran to her aid and they picked Katrina up and got her to the nurse room.

"Oh my what happened" The nurse gasped as they helped Katrina in.

"She got ganged up on by Miss André and her friends" The teacher said as they lowered her on to the bed “Not that she didn’t put up a good fight mind. Will she be okay?"

"Apart from a few bruises on her cheek she will be fine" The nurse said as she bustled around and getting a small vial. She uncorked it and put under Kats nose. Kat spluttered as she came round and looked at the three women standing there.

"W.........what happened I mean the last thing I knew I was being cornered in the hall and that was it" she than started to try to sit up. But the nurse forced her back down.

"S...So you don’t remember knocking five people out" The teacher said as she stood there.

"I... what" Katrina gasped "Oh man I am so going to get in trouble"

After the nurse moved away and the teacher assured her she was not going to get in trouble Rachel finally got a look-in? She approached the bed and sank into the chair. Once Katrina realised she wasn’t alone she looked around and winced. Rachel saw a purple bruise beginning to come up.

"Remind me to never get into a fight with you okay" Rachel looked at her "I am sorry about yesterday I didn’t mean to sound ungrateful."

Katrina seemed confused for a moment then she went "Its not you that has to say sorry. I mean I must have acted like a jerk"

"I am sorry Cassie ganging up on you" Rachel said softly "I mean she must be doing it because of me"

"Don’t worry about it" Katrina winced as she sat up. She was still disorientated

“Where do you get the hidden strength” Rachel asked her.

“W…well for one I hate seeing people being bullied and especially people I have a c-“Katrina seemed to have caught her self in time. Rachel’s eye brows went up. Katrina’s cheeks flushed a dull red.

“Well I hope you recover” Rachel said getting up and getting her bag maybe “I will see you around” she walked slowly out of the room to see Kat looking wistfully after her.

Katrina lied down on the bed groaning silently. What a way to introduce your self getting in to a brawl over a girl. She softly felt her cheek and winced slightly. It was going to hurt not as much as when she gets home. Her father a stern priest at the local Baptist church wasn’t going to be amused. He hated violence at any rate. He wasn’t impressed with her right now anyway she had recently told him she was gay. He didn’t take it very well he had already threatened her with church camp now this was going to give him another excuse.

“Miss Carris I think its best you went home now” The nurse said as she bustled up to her “What’s your home number”

“Do I have to” Katrina protested

“I think it is best you look like you have been hit in the face with an hammer never mind a 16 year old girl” Kat gave her the number and the nurse bustled off to make the phone call. Kat considered making a dash for it but as she tried to get up she realised she was dizzy so she sat back down on the bed and awaited her fate. A couple of minutes later the nurse came back.

“Your mother is on the way come on I will help you to the front entrance”

The nurse helped her. She was still very dizzy Kat felt like she had been cleaved in two. Luckily her mother wasn’t as strict as her father. Her mother arrived within ten minutes by then the dizziness had disappeared.

“Hey mum” she said warily

“What were you thinking? You know you father is not going to be too happy” her mum gasped as she took in her only daughter. With her straight parted hair and the softest blue eyes Katrina defiantly took after her. Where she got her temper from was beyond her it defiantly wasn’t her anyhow as they silent walked up to the car she asked her why who she was fighting with.

“A girl called cassie and her friends she was ganging up on me because I stood up for one of her friends I know I should turn the other cheek but I just couldn’t help it you know I hate bullies”

“I understand that sweetheart but you know dads not going to be happy” Her mum sighed. She married her husband twenty years ago and it hadn’t been easy for her. He was a strict Baptist and now he was the churches pastor. He didn’t take it very well that his daughter was gay he thought it would bring shamed down on his family. She didn’t mind as long as she was happy all she ever wanted was a girl it took seven years but she finally got her. Katrina was a very independent child she had always been. She was also very defiant when it came to going to church.

“All daddy cares about is his position” Katrina bursted out angrily “its not that I hate church its just I hate fathers views thou shall not love someone of the same sex. Thou shall not smile”

“Hey come on it is not that bad your daddy has always been a Christian and I don’t agree with everything it just you have to agree to disagree that’s all”

As they sat in the car Katrina slumped in her seat

“Your father wants you to go to church camp with the other children he says you have no choice” her mother said focusing on the road “and when he gets home you’re not going to have an option he is going to see that bruise and not be at all that happy”

“It’s not fair” Katrina muttered

“Life isn’t fair” her mum murmured

They got home and Katrina worked on what was left of her home work whilst she was in the entrance hall she managed to sneak a picture of Rachel in her bag. She stashed the picture under her pillar so her father couldn’t find it and she sat at the desk her heart was pounding she looked at the clock and right on time she heard a slam Fathers home. So she got up and slowly walked down stairs and looked through the living room. Her father was removing a coat. He looked up and saw Katrina stand there. His brown hair was brushed into a side parting and his grey eye was behind stylish glasses.

“Come here and standing front of me” he barked he never spoke always barked. Katrina walked into the room and slowly stood in front of her father “your mother told me you got into a fight today. Why”

“I...I was sticking up for some one daddy” she said nervously. He looked over at her as he sat down.

“Sit down” he actually smiled at her for one of the rare times “well if there is one thing I admire is bravery. Did you hit them back?”

She looked up at her father and sighed “yes”

“As much as I approve you standing up you should have just turned the other cheek” he looked her over “I still want you to go to church camp. You leave the first Monday morning. No ifs and no buts do you understand. It is for the best”

Katrina sighed she had no choice and she knew it.

CHAPTER TWO

Katrina was very late for class again. What excuse could she come up with this time she thought as she ran up to the entrance? She didn’t have an excuse she couldn’t explain that she was late because she couldn’t find her maths books or her shoes. They wouldn’t buy that Katrina was thinking she will just say she got up late. Beside she thought it wasn’t like she was late regularly. She didn’t make a constant habit out of it did she. She sped in and signed in as quickly as she can until she ran over some one.

"Oh god" Katrina said as she finally stopped having an heart attack “Are you alright"

It took her a moment to realise it was Rachel. They hadn’t seen each other since the fight. It seemed Kat was trying to avoid Rachel.

"I am fine thanks you" she said as she moved her hair out of her eyes. She realised Kat was staring at her "well I see that your bruise has finally gone down then”

"W....what oh yeah listen I have to go very late for class. Nice to meet you bye then" she went to hug her then changed course and ran for it. Katrina smiled she finally got to her with out violence being involved. She was happy. She is as beautiful as I thought Katrina smiled to herself. Especially her hair, The way it seemed to cascade down her back, she had never knew someone with such long hair before and she was incredible cute with her sparkling brown eyes that seemed magnify her beauty by ten fold, But she wouldn’t never feel like that towards me. Katrina thought bitter, she doesn’t even know that I am attracted to her and I will be extremely surprised if she felt that way towards me.

She kept thinking about this as all through the day. She glimpsed Rachel several times that day she seemed to smile at her just that little bit more. As the bell rang for lunch time went to find her friends and realised with a jolt that Rachel was sat at the table.

"Hey!" Katrina said as she sat down with her lunch tray. Her on and of boy friend was there and several others but the best of all for Katrina was Rachel.

"Hey it’s whirlwind" Rachel laughed. Katrina spat orange juice all over herself

"Sorry" Katrina said laughing along with everyone else but she also realised her cheeks had gone crimson "Um Rachel why did you call me whirlwind"

"Well that way you rushing earlier and you knocked me over almost. I should have been forgiven for thinking that a whirlwind had blown through the halls"

"Ha-ha that’s classic" Katrina replied mopping herself up. Katrina just couldn’t believe that she was sat at the table. She ate her food in silence as she observed her friends. Richard was a skinny guy with black hair a couple of girls in school fancied him and yet he had gone out with her instead. Then there was William he was blond haired boy with a lot of acting talent just a bit dim. Than there was Christopher he was a pretty big boy but with a warm that would make any girl be there friend and then of course there was Rachel.

Rachel seemed to be in whole different league but in a special way. Katrina couldn’t help thinking of a mermaid the way she would flick her hair and speak so shyly. It was her eyes that seemed to hypnotise Katrina it was as though they was reaching deep inside of you and stealing into your soul and reaching for your deepest darkest desires.

Katrina with her brown hair and blue eyes was pretty she just never realised it some would say she was in denial about her attractiveness. Maybe it was the programming she received at home that she would foolish convince her that she wasn’t attractive. She was comfortable with herself and that’s what she enjoyed but she knew what she liked too and Rachel was defiantly on the list.

"Katrina... Hey Katrina" Richard said "Are you listening"

"What sorry" She must have zoned out again "What were we talking about"

"We was discussing who we had crushes on" Rachel said

Katrina went as red as a beacon "We don’t have to talk about this do we"

"Hey Kat do... do you know like someone at this table" Richard asked "I mean it is the only reason why you would go bright red"

Rachel fought to keep her face as she laughed

"W....hat" she said spluttering this time seriously bright red "What makes you think it is someone at this table”

"No seriously" Rachel asked intrigued "Who is the lucky person"

"I aint go to tell you" Katrina said stubbornly

"Okay then" Rachel shrugged” will just play twenty questions"

"Is it a boy" Richard asked

"No"

"So it is a girl"

"No" Katrina replied this time her whole dripping in sarcasm "It is a transvestite."

"Is it someone at this table?"

This time she went even redder.

"Well..... No.... yes" she sighed. Her friends gasped

"But there is only one other girl at this table" Rachel said "Were are you going Kat come back"

Kat grabbed her stuff and ran which left a very stunned wake at the table.

"So she has a crush on me" Rachel said as she stared at the table. Rachel had been gay since she was eleven and she also had a soft spot for Kat but she was too afraid to admit it. Beside her parents didn’t even know. No one did.

"Were would Katrina have gone?" she asked the guys

"Library" They said unison

Rachel got up and told them that she was going to the library. As she walked up to the library she thought about the times that she had seen Katrina and she would seem to blush, but it would seem to her that Kat never noticed. Maybe she was too shy to look at me Rachel thought. I mean I would have done the same. She managed to find Katrina in the library at the back. Hidden from view behind a book which for some reason was upside down

"You know it would make so much more sense if the book was the right way. I mean I could never read any book that way." Rachel said softly. Kat jumped and blushed even more.

You didn’t have to run you know" she said softly as she sat down "I don’t mind"

Katrina blushed even more. It was bad enough that she knew.

"Are you embarrassed because I now know or is it because of the way you acted" She asked as she sat down

"I would never have wanted you to find out this way. I mean if I had my own way I would have never told you at all I would have just kept my big mouth shut" she sighed as put the book on the table and looked Rachel in the eyes. "I mean I don’t even know you yet I know how I feel"

Rachel looked at her. Why did she look so familiar she looked at Katrina and she got up and sat next to her and put her lips to Katrina’s ear?

"What if I felt the same way?"

"Then" she said as she cleared her throat “I would have to kiss you to make sure" she murmured back huskily.

There eyes met for just a moment brown on blue and they smile shyly. Their lips touched for just a moment and they both felt the electricity surge through their bodies. They pulled apart for just the tiniest fraction and looked at each other. They took each other in their arms and held each other close. Just then the bell rang. They groaned.

"What are you up to tonight" Katrina asked whispering in her hair.

"Nothing why" she whispered back

"Would you like to come round?"

"I will ring home. It shouldn’t be a problem"

"Great" Katrina smiled and kissed her on the forehead "see you later"

Rachel watched Katrina walk off and she started to walk slowly to class. Neither of them could concentrate on the rest of their classes that day. Their minds was on more important things. Like what they was going to get up to later. Every time they passed each other in one of the corridors they would smile shyly at each other as though they was sharing a secret. When it came to the end of the day Katrina’s friends cornered her

"Hey what happened between you and Rachel" Asked Richard

"Mind your own business...."

"Hey you ready" Rachel asked shyly as she walked up to where the trio was standing

"Just coming" Katrina asked extracting herself "See you boys later"

Katrina and Rachel walked in silence for a moment. They would catch each others eye and then they would look away

"So.... Did you have a good day at school?"

"Oh you know... so and so"

"Yeah... I know what you mean"

They carried on walking until they got outside of Katrina’s house. Kats mum wasn’t home yet so they had wait outside. Katrina and Rachel stared at each other very intently they took a step closer and Rachel realised she was a little bit taller then Kat. Not that it bothered her. Katrina looked into Rachel eyes. Rachel lowered her lips onto Katrina’s and they kissed gently and Katrina put her hands up on her back into her hair and then they kissed hungrily and it must have lasted for ages because they next thing they knew Katrina’s mum pulled up.

"Don’t let me interrupt" Katrina’s mum said. Katrina and Rachel pulled apart. They where both flushed

"Hey mum" Katrina said as coolly as she could

"So who is this" her mum asked

"Its my......" Katrina looked at Rachel. Rachel nodded ".... Girlfriend"

"Oh really well nice to meet you" Katrina’s mum replied holding out her hand.

"Nice to meet you Mrs Carris" Rachel replied sweetly. Kats mums face relaxed a little.

"Mum can we go up to my room and do my homework" Katrina asked as they walked into the house.

"As long as you behave that’s fine" just as she got the words out Katrina grabbed Rachel’s hand and they dashed upstairs. They got up to her room and Rachel looked round. There was a lot of paper on the desk and the bed was a little messy but what she couldn’t help notice was the picture next to her bed it was a picture of herself on the stage

"Hey wasn’t that the picture that went missing out of the entrance hall"

"What oh yeah" Katrina blushed "Yeah I stole I know I shouldn’t have..."

Rachel sat down on the bed and she patted next to a bit space next to her. Katrina walked over and sat down they sat there a minute just facing a wall then Rachel gently placed a hand into Katrina’s. Katrina bought the hand to her mouth and kissed it softly. Whilst staring into her Rachel eyes. Katrina got up and put the lock on the door. She turned and looked at Rachel. She must be as nervous as I am Rachel thought as she sat back down next her. Katrina took Rachel into her arms and they sunk down on to the bed. They just stared at each other. They didn’t kiss or do anything else. They just looked at each other in the eyes.

"I have been waiting to do this for along time" Katrina murmured into Rachel’s chest

"Ditto"

Katrina looked up at Rachel "If I kissed you now would I be ruining anything"

"No" she mumumered back softly.

Katrina sat up and looked at Rachel. Desire burning in her eyes she lowered her mouth until all Rachel could see was the pupil of Katrina’s left eye and they kissed softly as though exploring and then they started to kiss faster and faster. Holding each other tightly. Neither one wanting to stop. Kissing each other felt so right. Katrina couldn’t help thinking that her veins had been set alight their desire intensifying by the second. Katrina looked Rachel deeply and they started to unbutton their ties and they chucked them both to the opposite’s end of the room. Their hearts was in their mouth now and Katrina gently undid Rachel’s shirt. Until she peeled away her shirt and all that was left was her bra.

"Are you sure you want to do this" Katrina whispered softly

"Yes" Rachel replied” Are you sure that you mum wont mind"

"Absolutely" Katrina grinned.

Katrina kissed Rachel from the top of her fore head till the bra. She did it softly and gently. Even still Rachel had to catch her breath it was though fire was licking her skin. Rachel removed Katrina shirt until all that was left was her bra and they both stared they knew what was coming next. Yet they both wondered whether they were ready to go to the next level. Katrina raised an eyebrow and Rachel nodded. They both unclasped there bras and they gently explored their upper bodies until they both collapsed into each others arms. Holding each other close.

“That was amazing was that real or was I having a dream” Kat asked

“If it was we must be having the same dream”

Kat looked over at the clock “oh god”

“What”

“We need to get dressed my father will be home in a minute” they both jumped out of bed and hastily threw on their clothes. They just made in time as they sat at Kats bed and pulled out there maths books. Her father looked around the door. His eyebrows seemed to knit together then they relaxed.

“Hey sweetheart” he said her father always was more relaxed around new people. “Who is you new friend”

“Hey daddy this is Rachel” she said smiling up at him

“Is this the friend you stuck up for a couple of weeks ago?”

Katrina nodded. He left them to it, Rachel looked up enquiring at Katrina “why didn’t you say I was your girlfriend”

“My father is the pastor at the local Baptist church he doesn’t approve in the slightest I actually think that it disgust him a bit” she said apologetic “he wants his only child to grow up and marry a nice Christian boy”

“I know how you feel, my mum is strict Mormon” Rachel sighed “she would keel over if she knew”

“What about your dad?”

“I don’t speak to him anymore” she sighed sadly this time “My mum wants me to go to stupid church camp”

Katrina gawped “I have no choice he is sending me to one whether I like it or not”.

“Wow is parents are way too strict”

“I know”

They continued with there homework for about half an hour but it was slipping through there brains like quick cement. Just as they shut there books Kats dad poked his head through the door.

“Rachel it is getting late would you like to stay”

Kats jaw dropped

“Yes please can I just ring my mum?”

“Of course down the hall on the left” and she got up and walked down the hall “I hope you to behave”

“What do you mean” Kat looked up

“You know what I mean”

After a moment Rachel came back in.

“My mum says it is fine”

“Okay speak to you girls later”

She stayed the night and in no time at all she was asleep but Kat couldn’t stop staring at her she looked so beautiful and fragile it was as though she could smash in too a million pieces if she fell over.

“I don’t know what I have done to deserve you but I will always be there to protect you. Even whether it would cause me so much pain”

Then she took Rachel tightly in her arms and held her tight.

Kat would always say it would be that promise that would come back to haunt her……

Chapter Three

A couple of weeks later Rachel was at home doing her homework in her room it was a very small room that was quite bright and she was sitting at desk when her mother knocked on her door. Ms Green poked her head around the door; she had long brown hair and dazzling blue eyes that mirrored Rachel’s. She was taller and very voluptuous but she seemed to have an expression of great sorrow in her eyes.

“Hey sweetie” she said as she looked at Rachel. It hurt Ms Green so much that she took after her Father. He had been trying to gain contact for a while but Rachel wanted nothing to do with him. Rachel had made that clear the last time she saw him that was about three years ago. “I was wondering you know that girl you have been spending a lot of time with recently”

“Yeah” Rachel said slowly

“Would you like to invite her around for the weekend” Rachel looked up at her mother with a bit of suspicion

“Why” Rachel asked a bit warily. The last time she bought a friend around it crashed and burned her mum had met her friend and then after she left ripped her to shreds “I don’t think her dad would let her. He is pretty strict”

“Well it won’t do a lot of harm to find out will it. I mean if you just ask him” her mum persisted. What concerned her was what she heard about this girl. It was as though this child had a ferocious temper. She knew she seemed to have a problem with anyone picking on Rachel and it just concerned her she wanted to check it out for herself that was all she wasn’t committing any crimes was she “I have a spare ticket for the Harry potter film and I thought Kat would like to come. I mean would you like me to ask him”

Rachel sighed. Her mother wasn’t going to relent she knew this much about her mum she doesn’t give up on the prize “I will just give her a call now” Rachel got up and walked to her bed where her mobile was and she punched in the now regularly dialled number of Kats after a couple of rings kit answered.

“H—hellos” Kat yawned down the phone “hey how are you”

“I am pretty good doing homework”

“I finished mine hours ago well Friday night anyway. That’s why I slept in late I mean at about two dad stormed in the room and shouted at me for being up so late. He thought I had been texting you” Rachel’s mum shut the door behind her “What you up to this weekend”

“I was just about to ask you” Rachel replied smiling slightly “How would you feel about spending the weekend at mine”

“Oh I don’t know don’t you think it is to early to meet your mum I mean” she said Laughing “I like you but I don’t think that I am ready for that she might not even like me”

Rachel felt a twang. Kat never said the “L” word if she could help it and it did bother Rachel slightly but she couldn’t understand why. “Will you” Rachel asked softly

Kat sighed “Tell you what I will just go and ask them. I will ring you back” Kat hung up and walked up to the mirror. She looked into and she saw herself but it didn’t feel right to her as though it wasn’t her. She shook her head and started to walk slowly down the stairs. As she was about to walk in she heard her dad say something.

“We are going to have to say something to her eventually Kathy. I know it is going to devastate her but she needs to know. She isn’t stupid don’t you think she will notice”

“Let’s not talk about it now. She is only 13 she is not going to be able to handle this. I mean this diagnosis only happens to adults. The fact that she is suffering with it now is just enough to drive anyone bad” Katrina’s heart hammered in her chest “I mean Multiple Personality Disorder only happens usual when people have gone through extreme trauma. How did our little girl get it? She has never been abused. She has never been traumatised. So Clark how did she get it”

“I…..I don’t know could it be the bully that happened at school and I suppose I never helped being so hard on her” he sighed. Just then Kat pushed the door open slightly and poked her head around the door she pretend like she hadn’t heard anything, but what she did hear had ripped her insides. Her father looked up a bit surprised “Hey sweetie did you have a good sleep”

“Yep. Daddy Rachel just called and she asked whether it was okay if I stayed at hers tonight” she asked as she helped herself to toast and sat down just as her father looked at her mum. Her mum looked really tired and a bit drawn she shrugged.

“Um I don’t know if I am okay with you missing church” he said thoughtful looking up from the book that he was reading it was as though he was scrutinising her "I guess it wouldn’t do you any harm to miss it once As long as you promise you will make up for it when you get home”

“I promise Pappy” she said as she got up after finished her toast. It tasted as though she was eating tarmac though. She kissed him on the cheek and waved at her mum as she ran up the stairs and into the bedroom. She tried to weigh what she had heard she had seen a lot of doctors recently. She had heard of multiple personality of course but she couldn’t understand what it had to do with her. She glanced quickly in the mirror and shuddered why did her own reflection creeped her out she couldn’t understand it though she dialled Rachel’s number and Rachel picked up her phone after one ring.

“Hey” Kat replied trying her best to act normal “Dad said it was fine”

Rachel breathed a sigh of relief she noticed that Kat was very quite. “Hey are you okay”

“Me yeah I am fine”

“Great look we will come and pick you up in about twenty minutes is that okay”

“That’s cool. See you soon” after they hung up. Kat sighed worried she knew that there was something wrong with her but did she wait and see if her parents confirmed it or did she tell Rachel. Ah the cold voice said quietly they have already confirmed it hasn’t they. I mean they now something about you but the question you need to ask yourself is are you going to accept it. Kat twinged as she packed was she going to accept it I mean it was a big thing to accept. I can’t face Rach like this Kat cried to her frightened. Let me then the cold voice said

Kats body started to shake and she snapped up to attention. They eyes changed to a deep brown but they seemed soulless and her hair seemed a shade brighter. As “Kat” walked up to the mirror she smiled slightly

“That’s better” the voice was colder “Katrina if you are listening my name is Dream. I will handle this for you”

She packed a small bag with clothes toothpaste and brush. Then went up to Kats mattress where she knew Kat hid the money from her paper rounds and other stuff and put it all in her pocket. Just then there was a gentle tap on the door and Dream walked over to and opened it and stood there was Rachel smiling brightly. She threw her arms around her and dream raised her arms to pat her slightly on the back. As Rachel took a step back she noticed that Kats eyes where colder than usual. She didn’t know that it was dream of course she just thought that it was her whirlwind.

“Are you ready then” Dream asked trying to not seem as cold. Rachel nodded a little spooked “Lets go then”. She took Rachel by the elbow and they slowly walked down the stairs as they walked through the door. Dreams eyes surveyed the room until she saw Ms Green she stepped forward. “Ms Green is it lovely to meet you my name is Kat”

Her parents immediately spotted the difference and they both looked at each other frantically. Ms Green surveyed Kat as she took in her appearance. Kat was dressed in a pair of slacks and a top that seemed to set of her eyes. “Nice to meet you Katrina are you ready to go”

“Yes” dream said it softly but everyone heard it. As they walked out of the house and into the car. Rachel sat next to Kat on the back seat. Rachel seemed to notice that Kat was very uptight and her parents looked extremely worried.

“Hey Kat are you and you family ok. I mean you both seemed stressed” Rachel whispered to Kat.

It seemed for a moment that Kat was back and her eyes softened “I will tell you later. When were alone… Do you have access to the internet?”

Rachel nodded “I will show you ok”

“Okay” Rachel didn’t know what it was but it worried her.

They went straight to see the film after they left Katrina’s parents and Dream observed things very carefully. She could see why Kat liked Rachel a lot but what worried her was how Rachel felt towards Kat. It was as though she saw Kat as her saviour and the way she seemed to look at her. It was though as though she idolised Kat. It made Dream feel very uncomfortable and Very nervous but as Dream never expressed her emotions she was able to hide her unease. As for Rachel’s mother if Dream was ice then her mum was a glacier. Dream felt it was deliberate as though she wasn’t going to let anyone in. The film passed very slowly for dream she didn’t like Harry Potter Kat did. They then had dinner at home. After a while Dream and Rachel went upstairs into Rachel’s bedroom and Rachel booted up the computer.

“So what’s going on at home” Rachel asked as she sat down.

Dream looked at her and seemed to be trying to find the right words “After I spoke to you this morning. I went down stairs to speak to dad and I heard them having an argument. They seemed to be arguing over whether to tell me something. My parents were saying that I had this … this problem” she seemed suddenly as though she had changed Rachel suddenly felt very nervous

“What is it” Rachel asked as she sat nearer to Kat

Kat took a deep breath and sighed “It is called Multiple Personality Disorder” Rachel gasped.

“I have read about it.” Rachel said her throat tight. Kat stared at Rachel as though she had said she was a man “I found a book on it in the library at school. To be honest I don’t think it should have even been there I mean it seemed so out of place. I took it out anyway” Rachel got up and typed a site out on the internet. Kat walked over and started to read.

Dissociation
    An adaptive defence in response to high stress or trauma charactized by memory loss and a sense of disconnection from oneself and one’s surroundings. There are five main symptoms that define dissociation. They are amnesia, depersonalization, derealization, Identity confusion and identity alteration. There are many ways these five symptoms that combine these are.
    Dissocitive amnesia
    Dissociative fugue
    Depersonaliztion disorder
    Dissociative identity disorder or DID
    Dissociative disorder not otherwise specified

Rachel grimaced then clicked on DID and another page popped up and Kat leaned in even further

There are many ways to identify if you have DID and these are
    Referring to yourself by different names
    Referring to yourself as we
    Acting like a completely different person at times
    Being told by others that you seem different
    Doing things you can’t remember

If you think you have these symptoms it would be benifical if you went to see you Dr please don’t diagnose yourself if you think you have this problem.

Rachel looked up at Kat who seemed to be still reading as though she couldn’t believe what she was seeing it bothered her as she seemed to have become as still as a statue. She screwed up her face and shook her head slightly. “So that proves it. I am nuts”

“No your not” Rachel said it softly as she pulled Kat into her lap and held her close. Kat was shaking slightly and her eyes were a bit wet. “So you little bit nuts.” Rachel said laughing a little. Its nothing we can do she added to herself quietly and Kat got up and walked over to the bed and sat on it with her head in her hands.

“I always thought I was different you know. Not weird different just different I mean I thought everyone could blank out” Kat broke off and looked at Rachel. Rachel could see there was so much pain in her eyes. Rachel had never seen her like that she looked so alone so vulnerable and so confused that she looked like a little child “I mean I bet normal don’t hear voice either do they” she said harshly.

“No” Rachel said quietly her voice under control “I am sorry. I always thought that there was something different about you when you lost your temper. It was the eyes always like hollow tubes but with no light at the end of them and it would always scare people even me”
    Kat looked at her for a moment her breath caught in her throat she didn’t want to say this but she knew she had to.

“If you want to break up with me I will understand” Kat said trying to not cry. She looked ashamedly away from Rachel so she couldn’t see her tears.

Rachel got up on her feet and walked over to her and put her arms around her “I am not going anywhere no matter what do you understand me” they sat like that for a while both lost in there own thoughts and both quietly wondering what would come out of it.

“Kat do you remember the time when Cassie ganged up on you” Rachel asked softly. Kat nodded “There was a word that you muttered that seemed to change you. What was it?”

“I can’t say that word without blanking out” Kat said softly shivering “Why”

“I want to meet your other side” Rachel said. Kat looked up. “Please”

“I will say it” Kat got up and looked at Rachel “Psycho”

There was no dramatic change like you saw on TV except for Kats lips moved slightly and her whole facial expressions changed. She seemed to have grown a couple of inches and her hair got lighter until it was almost blond. Then her eyes snapped open and there was no warmth and no gentleness in her eyes. She looked at Rachel with a slight tilt of the head. She walked around Rachel not saying anything and then she stood in front of Rachel.

“So you’re the famous Rachel” Rachel then knew she was no longer in the room with Kat and that she was infact talking to a completely different person who did not care.

“That is correct” she said as she held out a hand “and you are”

“They call me Dream” Dream replied dropping her hand

“Why do they call you Dream” Rachel asked intrigued

“Because I am special” Dream replied sarcastically. She was looking at Rachel as though she was something she wanted to examine “why do they call you Rachel?”

Something slowly clicked in Rachel “It was you that stuck up for me” Dream nodded “Why”

Dream just shrugged and looked at Rachel for a long time “Because it was clear that you couldn’t handle it and bither way don’t be so ungrateful”

“What do you mean I couldn’t handle it I was doing pretty well” Rachel said crossly. Dream smirked “Okay so yes I should be more grateful when someone sticks up for me but I don’t need anyone to stick up for me ok”

“Fine”

Rachel began to feel uncomfortable as she looked at Dream she seemed to penetrating Rachel with her eyes of mahogany “she really cares for you know” dream said softly “she has a lot of feelings for you but she doesn’t show it and sometimes you wonder where she is with you don’t you”

Rachel’s eyes blinked in surprise she had been wondering for a while how Kat felt about her how had Dream known what she was wondering “c-can I have Kat back now please” Rachel asked. Dream shrugged “Sure” and she was gone as fast as she came.

Later on that evening after Ms Green had gone to bed and Kat had fell asleep. Rachel cried softly not to wake Kat up yet. How long was Kat going to be like this how long... she thought so many different thoughts as she lied there silently but there was one thought she couldn’t get rid of. That Kat did love her. Rachel turned to face Kat who was laid on her side with a gentle smile on her face. She stroked a strand of hair of Kats face and smiled very softly as she leaned in to kiss Kat on the cheek. Kats eyes fluttered open as she met her eyes and Rachel kissed her on the lips and she smiled back as she kissed her back and they kissed hungrily for several minutes as Kat put her fingers through Rachel’s hair she kissed her tenderly and gently and they were just content like that. Then they kissed harder and harder until they were kissing very hard and then they finally collapsed into each others arms

“Kat how do you feel about me?” Rachel asked her softly

“I have loved you since the first day I saw you. It wasn’t a crush it was love and I knew that I had to be with you. The day of the audition I didn’t go there to audition I went there to see you and of course you know what happened then. I do love you Rachel I written a poem to let you know how I felt about you do you want to hear it”

Rachel nodded Kat gently got out of bed and went over to her bag and she pulled out an A4 piece of paper.

“There is something in my heart that I can’t fight
    There is something in my head that is right
    I guess I need to fight my fear
    If I am to be yours for many a year

I guess I am just a fool to say
    That I am scared to say I feel this way
    But you already know that don’t you
    That my love for you is true

I have had enough of the pain I feel
    Make it go away make it stop being real
    I guess you could say that the time wasn’t right
    I guess you could say that I didn’t have the might

All the bruises I received
    Just because I wore my heart on my sleeve
    The times I feel down
    Because I couldn’t see you around

There is no fear in my heart anymore
    Because you finally unlocked the door
    Because you loved me more
    Than anyone before”

Kat looked at her with eyes full of love. She got back into bed and pulled Rachel gently into her arms “I will love you forever no matter what. Do you understand?”
    Rachel nodded then wiped her tears away “That poem was incredible where you learn to write things like that.”
    Katrina just shrugged
    As they fell asleep they where so content in each others arms. But there was someone who wasn’t so happy Dream she relised something she wanted Rachel and she didn’t even like it so she knew she had to do something about it even if it hurt Kat. But that was a risk she knew she had to take. Dream looks after no-one but her self.

Chapter Four

All she could see was blood, soaking the walls and smeared all over her hands and in her hands was a knife. She looked down at her feet and gasped it was Rachel’s mum with stab wounds in her chest and in her legs. Just then there was clapping. She looked up and a girl with the longest blond hair and a beautiful face but the eyes spoke of evil.

“I see that you beat me to it” the girl said as she stood in front of her

“Who are you? Where am I?”

“I am you and this is a product of your mind”

“What Happened?”

“You killed her because she hurt you. She hurt you bad and now you will have to pay. Are you going to pay Kat? We can stop this you know you don’t have to go through this if you don’t want to” Dream said slowly “I mean we could walk away now and forget this altogether. All you have to do is break up with Rachel and you won’t have to go through this nightmare I mean if you do it now. It will be easier”

“No way” Kat said firmly with a shake of her head. “Why do you want me to be so unhappy?”

“I want to help you is that so wrong” she gazed at Kat for a moment “Fine”

She snatched the knife of Kat and thrust it into Kats chest.

Kat shot up her pyjamas drenched in cold sweet. She looked around and realised that she was still in her bedroom. She breathed a sigh of relief. She looked at the side of her the bed was empty she wished Rachel was here, but she was packing for camp just like Kat was. She then turned to the her phone it showed it was 5.30. She groaned she would have to get up in half an hour anyway so what was the use anyway. She clambered out of bed and looked in the mirror and her heart jumped in her mouth. Dream was standing behind her a kind of weird smile played on her lips.

“It begins” she whispered.

“LEAVE ME ALONE” Kat shouted “and leave Rachel alone as well Please”

Then she was gone.

Three hours later Rachel was waiting for the coach along with 7 other girls and boys. They were told briefly that they would be joined by another church but they wasn’t told which one. As they got onto the coach Rachel couldn’t believe her eyes. It was Kats church she walked up the aisle and looked at each row until she saw the head of the person she loved and her heart leapt it was her. Kat was listening to some music. She didn’t look up but she removed one of her headphones.

“Can I sit here” Rachel asked slightly hurt why was Kat ignoring her. Kat nodded and put the head phone back in to as though to say she didn’t want to talk. Rachel kept glancing at Kat and she seemed a bit angry and uptight about something. After a couple of hours Kat went to get her bag when she looked up her eyes seemed to show a guilty expression. Kat couldn’t believe it.
    “What are you doing on here?” Kat asked her voice full of surprise.

“So you do know who I am then” Rachel grinned “I am going to camp. It seems like the same one as you don’t you thinks”

As Kat pulled out her sandwiches she turned to Rachel and gave her one of her charming smiles “I hope were in the same cabin”

Rachel laughed with her throat exposed. Typical of Kat to think like that. As they ate their food in silence they grinned at each other through mouthfuls but didn’t talk. After they finished they spoke Rachel asked about Kats moodiness.

“Oh that I just had a horrible dream that’s all” she said shaking her head and sat back in her chair “It’s nothing to worry about okay. I promise”

“It didn’t include Dream did it?” Rachel asked softly. Kat shook her head she hated lying to Rachel but she couldn’t tell her what the dream was about it was too scary especially since it was about Rachel as such.

“So you ready for prayer and fun” Rachel asked her

“yeah I cant Imagine what else I could be doing over the summer holiday but spending six weeks with the lord is so brilliant” Kat whispered sarcastically “All because I announced I was gay”

Rachel giggled “Well I am only here because I want to be a vegetarian. Imagine what my mum would do to me”

“Keep you locked in the closet probably” Kat suggested grin slightly. They both burst out laughing. The whole church turned to look at them and they shut up for awhile but they did hold hands carefully of course.

After a couple of hours they based after a sign that told the coach that they was at the camp and they pulled into up to a huge field there was 12 cabins a huge lake and a woods. As they got off the coach they looked around and then walked up to their prospective churches. Just then 3 people walked up and stood in front of them. There were two men and one woman. One of the men was really young about 15-16 he had really rugged looks and Kat saw him to her annoyance looking at Rachel and trying to catch Rachel’s eye. That made her mood sour slightly.

“Well hello campers” the man shouted with a smile on his face “My name is Ryan and this is my wife Susan” he gestured to wife who was really pretty “This is camp missions and we are all here to learn what it means to be a good Christian but we are all going to do it the fun way. You will have recreation time so don’t worry about that.”

Kat groaned this was going to suck “Dream when we get home. I will give you solid permission to kill dad” she whispered to herself.

“Sleeping arrangements have been made we have placed you all in alphabetical order. There is one rule boys are not allowed in the girls cabins and visa versa” everyone nodded there agreement “Okay there are 3 people to a cabin and the first three people to go in cabin A are, Carlise , Carris and Frederick”

Rachel, Kat and a shy girl of about 12 stepped forward she had long blond hair and her eyes were blue “Okay please go with Susan” Ryan said as they stood together they followed Susan until they came to a cabin which had a picture of a rabbit on one of the panes of windows. She opened the cabin door and looked around. Inside there was three beds which Kat had to admit seemed comfortable and there was even a television.

“You only have permission to watch TV between 9pm-11pm with the videos that are provided and that is if the whole cabin agrees. Come for dinner in the mess hall in thirty minutes” she shut the door behind her and they stood there for a moment and Kat cleared her throat.

“So which bed do you want” she asked the Frederick girl “Sorry what’s your name”

“Casey” she replied holding out a hand. Kat took smiling can I have one of the beds against the wall” they both nodded and she sat on one of the beds.

“Rachel which one do you want” Kat asked.

“Wait you two know each other” Casey interrupted not rudely though. They both nodded “how”

“We go to the same school and we are good friends” Rachel replied “Can I have the other bed against the wall”

“Of course” Kat nodded and they unpacked quietly and quickly. They realised they had another 20 minutes.

“So what church do you go to Casey” Kat asked

“I go to the same one as Rachel” she replied “Did any of you actually want to come here?”

“Not really” they both said together

“Neither did I” she admitted looking lost for a moment “Mum made me come because she found out I was seeing someone she didn’t like”

“I don’t get it” Kat asked as she sat on her bed “Do parents think they are going to scare us straight by sending us to church camp for being slightly different. I mean were almost teenagers for heavens sakes aren’t we sussposed to grow up and have fun and find our own way in the world.”

“Why did you get sent her” Casey asked Kat.

“Because I am gay” Casey smiled “What”

“That’s why I got sent here. I was seeing a girl back home and she found out!” Casey replied looking sad for a moment “Do you have a girlfriend?”

Rachel looked at her “I am the girlfriend” Casey gasped “But I got sent here because I want to be a vegetarian”

Casey gaped they all looked at each other and shook their heads “Parents”

They all walked to the mess hall and the emptiest table was with the guy that was eyeing up Rachel. Katrina bristled she didn’t want to sit there but they had no choice. The guys face light up as his eyes settled on Rachel. After they had said prayers and started to eat and they began to get around to conversation. The guy that was sitting with them was Kai Williams.

“So how do you like camp missions” Kai asked

“Great” Rachel beamed at him.

Casey just shrugged and Kat just ignored him completely ignored him. Kai couldn’t help notice it neither could Rachel and she wasn’t too impressed.

“So what church do you go to” Kai asked.

“Middleton Baptist” Casey and Rachel said together.

“Wythenshawe Baptist” Kat replied “What about you”

“My father owns this camp” Kai replied back “he owns the main church in Lincoln. My father said I didn’t have to come but I did”
    Kat stared at him as though he had just said he had escaped from the local prison “You had a choice of coming here and you took it” Kat said savagely.

“Are you this nice to everyone” Kai asked intrigued. Kat just shot him a venomous look. After lunch they walked back to the cabin in silence it hit Rachel as to what was wrong with Kat. She was jealous!

Casey went for a shower as they could only go one at a time. As soon as Casey walked out Rachel rounded on her.

“What the hell was that about?”

“Talking about you” Kat spat at her “acting all coy god it was so pathetic. You were meant to be my girlfriend and yet you met some guy and you fall all over the place.”

Rachel mouthed silently “Maybe if you said it for once” Rachel shouted at her. Adreniline running through her veins.

“Said what” Kat exploded

“Um let’s see” Rachel replied sarcastically “all you need to say is three words. It’s been six months Kat and you never say”

“You know how I feel why do I have say anything” Kat shouted at her as Casey walked back through the door. Kat grabbed her towel and walked out of the door. As she walked to the shower she noticed that Kai was stood there. He looked up and smiled

“Hey it’s the ice maiden” he said laughing. She just looked at him and his smiled faltered “hey are you ok”

“Do me a favour wont you kai” Katrina said staring at him “Why don’t you go and drown in the lake do us all a favour.”

Over the next three days things were still frosty between Kat and Rachel then on the fourth day they had a free day so Kat walked up to the fields right at the back of the camp for some peace and quiet. Her mind was on Rachel she wanted to talk to her and sort this out it was getting stupid. So she walked up to one of the dirt mounds and looked around. She was in the middle of nowhere and the one person she loved wasn’t speaking to her. She had never felt so annoyed but her temper had already got the better of her. She walked back to her cabin she was glad that it was empty she went into one of her draws and pulled out her tablets. She took the dosage and then settled onto her bed she just stared at the ceiling and she laid like that for several hours she almost feel asleep when the cabin door creaked open. Kat looked up and saw that it was Rachel. Rachel walked in and she looked at Kat her heart jolted slightly the hadn’t spoken since the argument. She sat on her bed and faced Kat she turned away.
    “Kat please” Rachel pleaded. “Talk to me”

Kat maintained her frosty silence but tears began to roll down her cheeks. Rachel promised that she would always be hers and she broke the promise. She wiped away her tears and took in a deep breath and turned to look at Rachel. There was a look of soft relief in Rachel’s expression.

“I am so sorry” Rachel said Kat just continued to look at her. “I didn’t mean to hurt you like this ok”

“Have you kissed him” Kat asked abruptly. Rachel hung her head in shame before she could say anything Kat shot out of the cabin. It was both Kat and Dream in their anger ran to the lake where kai was lazing against the tree looking out. Rachel trying to catch up. Kai looked up and before he could open his mouth. They punched him now one persons punch may not do much but two persons can have such consequences. Everyone in the area heard the crack as it made contact with his jaw.

“What was that for” he cried clutching his jaw. Kat grabbed him and slammed him against the tree “Hey lemme go”

“I really can’t do that, sorry” Dream replied not looking sorry but murderous “Listen to me carefully do you understand you stay away from Rachel ok. She doesn’t need slimy gits like you all over her got it”

“Who are you” Kai spluttered “Her Mum?”

“Oh don’t you wish” Dream spat at him and she grabbed by the hair and dragged him towards the lake. Just as she was about to push him in Rachel grabbed Dream by the wrist Dream looked up at her with slight surprise in her eyes.

“Kat please” Rachel said breathlessly “Its not his fault please let him go for me please” Dream released her grip on Kai then walked off “Kai I am so sorry! Please don’t say anything to the elders please it’s not Kat fault she has a little problem. I can’t explain what it is please don’t say anything”

Kai got up on his feet rubbing his jaw wincing slightly “okay” he nodded “I will say this for a girl she doesn’t half know how to pack a punch”

“I don’t think that was Kat though” Rachel said softly. Then she turned towards the cabin “I have to go I am sorry Kai”

She ran off as she was about to go in she saw Kat sitting on her bed with her legs drawn up then she heard the cold voice of Dream.

“I did warn you Kat I mean I did tell you she didn’t love you. It’s just all for the experience. She is not even gay she kissed another person a guy…. Gay people don’t kiss the opposite sex. I mean she hasn’t even apologised is she worth it.”

“Yes!” Kat replied firmly “I love Rachel I really do I just don’t tell her enough”

There was a cold laughter “How can you still love her after she hurt you. After she cheated on you. You are so naive so pathetic. She is only going to do it again and again. You will always be suspicious of her”

Kat got up to her feet and moved towards the mirror. She looked in it.
    “I won’t let you win Dream. You are just trying to scare me. I know how you feel about Rachel and it scares you doesn’t it. You want her badly so you want me to break up with her to spare yourself some feelings”

“Shut up”

“Make me Dream” Kat spat “I love Rachel and there is absolutely nothing you or anyone else can do about it”

“That’s if she wants to still be with you” Dream spat. Rachel decides she had heard enough. She walked in and walked up to Dream. She looked at Rachel with so much contempt. “So are you here to shred Kats heart even further or are you here to cheat on her again”

“Let me speak to Kat” Rachel said softly “Please”

Dream looked down at her with a grim expression on her face. Rachel watched as she changed back and Katrina looked then turned away “Go Away” Kat said looking at her in the mirror.

“Why?”

“You hurt me” Kat said in a whisper “I can’t forgive you for that”

“Kat I promised I would be there for you through everything. No matter what so why can’t you forgive me?”

“You kissed someone else” she exclaimed “Did you enjoy it”

“Not really” she shrugged “Trust me. It’s not the same as when I kiss you. I only get the fireworks with you” she walked up behind Kat and put her arms around her. Kat went to pull them off but Rachel held on tighter. Kat tensed then she relaxed.

“You were right” Kat replied “earlier. I don’t say it enough. Let me turn around” Rachel did. Kat turned around and she gave Rachel a look that said a lot of things “I do love you”

“Rachel. I love you so much” Kat said pulling her close.

“I love you to” they stood like that for a while

What they didn’t reliase was they was being watched not only by dream.

Chapter Five

“You may have her now” Dream whispered “The question is how long are you going to be able to keep hold of her”

Kat shot awake her heart hammering in her chest, the dream that she had tonight was the same as the last. Every night a flash of silver and a lot of blood. As Kat thought of this a wave of sickness crashed through her. Kat got out of bed as quick as she could without making any sound and she ran to the bathroom she just about made it before she was sick.

After she finally surfaced, she stumbled to the sink and turned the cold tap on she washed her face. As she raised her head she caught her reflection in the big heavy mirror over the sink. She saw that once again she didn’t recognise her own reflection. It was as though Dream was leering back at her. Kat realised that she was never going to escape dream. Just as she reached this conclusion Dream spoke to her.

“I am going to break you” Dream murmured and she swam into Kats view a leer on her inhumanly beautiful face “I am going to crack you until you cant take it anymore”

“Shut up” Kat gasped as her head began to pound. She knew that Dream wouldn’t do such a thing shutting up wasn’t in Dreams vocabulary. Dream proved that by replying “Make me”

“Please Dream just leave me alone I beg you”

“Oh but I really cant leave you alone it wouldn’t be right of me, I mean people have to pay people need to learn to back off”

“What- do- you – mean” Kat replied

“I mean I have to punish people that have hurt you I mean its not right for them to walk all over you” she replied cryptically

“Who are you talking about” suddenly very afraid, she knew who she was talking about but she didn’t want to think about it

“But you cant stop thinking about it can you” Dream whispered “I mean you fear for her all the time worried what is going to happen, what I am going to do to her how I am going to hurt her but I never hurt the innocents only the initionators” Kat stood there looking in the mirror her reflection whiter then a milk bottle, still struggling to glean a recognition from the reflection.

“What do I have to do for you to leave people alone” Kat whispered

“There is nothing you can do”

Then there was nothing and just for one very small moment Kat thought that she was safe. Just for the moment until there was nothing, but darkness.

“Kat” It was Rachel’s voice calling in the darkness “Kat can you hear me”

“I am going to get help” That was Casey voice stricken

“what” Kat murmured as she opened her eyes, Rachel swam in to focus. Kat tried to sit up but Rachel forced her down “What happened”

“That’s what I would like to know” Rachel whispered taking one of Kats hands and kissing it gently “I was a sleep when Casey shook me awake and said you had gone and then there was a huge crash and we come running in to see ever bit of glass smashed into pieces and you on the floor

Kat groaned she was going to be in so much trouble her parents were going to kill. Suddenly her face felt like it was on fire, she touched her cheek gently it felt wet. When she pulled her hand away there was blood, Rachel put her hand over katrinas then they sat in silence.

“Anyway what was you doing out of bed” Rachel asked suddenly

“I had a bad dream” kat replied evaisivly “So I went to wash my face”

“So is this the way to wash your face now” Rachel joked “wack it off a mirror”

“Oh ha ouch” Katrina winced in pain, just as Casey came in with the first aider.

“She’s just through her casey gasped out of breath. The first aider a big man paled as he looked around and noticed the mess then his eyes rested finally on Katrina. He sprung into action immediately.

“Katrina” he said as he towered over her “Can you here me”

“yes” she had closed her eyes as it hurt but she opened them to look at the technician and as she did this he pulled out a pair of gloves and a small set of tweezers.

“Whats that for” Kat asked apprensively

“I am going to have to use these to remove the glass” he replied in his calm manner “Your going to have to try to keep still or this is going to hurt even more”

“Hurt even more” Kat whimpered, she could hear Dream laughing in her head but then she felt a soft pressure on her arm that she regonised as Rachels then she knew she could relax “Okay”

for the next hour the first aider worked removing the glass as gently as he could , however some of the glass was embedded deep into Katrinas skin. He then wiped the bood off her face with a soft cloth until all that was left was some red scarring”

“Would you like to look” he asked as he and Rachel helped her on to her feet. She was still very unsteady
    “Yes” Kat replied nervously. The first aider handed her a tiny compact mirror and Kat nearly passed out with shock.

This time she defiantly couldn’t regognise her face the was cuts and gashes all over. The only untouched part was her lips. Kats face reminded her of a zombie out of the night of the living dead. “My face” Kat gasped. Then she burst into tears. Rachel and the technition helped her get into a chair next to her bed. He then turned to Rachel.

“It will be shock” he explained “What happened”

“I don’t know” she replied truthfully “I mean we was asleep and then the next thing we knew we was woken up with a loud shattering sound and Katrina was on the floor with glass and blood everywhere” Rachel glanced at Kat “Could it be that she tripped and fell into the mirror”

the man shook his head “People just don’t fall into mirrors, however the only way we are going to find out is from Kat and she is no fit state to explain anything right now”

after he cleaned up the class he left shutting the cabin door behind him and casey walked back to her bed. Rachel however was watching Katrina she looked like she was trying to say something.

“Dream” Kat managed finally “Dream”

Casey looked curiously at Rachel, Rachel felt like her insides had exploded, anger pounded in her ears.

“Whats Dream”

“Nothing” Rachel replied through clenched teeth. She had enough and now she was going to teach that bully what happens when she has enough and Rachel had enough.

The next morning Katrina woke up due to stabbing pains in her face it took her a few minutes to remember what had happened , she sat up and looked around she noticed Rachel was sat up and had a sort of strained expression on her face.

“Hey” Kat murmured

“Hey” Rachel replied as she turned to look around at Kat. There was an expression of pain on her face.

“Whats up?” Knowing to full well what was up

rachels lip trembled as she turned to look at Kat “Kat I am sorry I need to do this for both of us”

kats veins filled with Dread “Please don’t break up with me” Kat begged as she jumped out of bed as fast as she could.

“I am not going to break up with you” Rachel replied looking at Kat then she took in a deep breath “I need to speak to Dream please”

“No!” Kat replied “I cant do that not right now”

“Please”

“No way” Kat folded her arms across her chest

“I know the word” she replied warningly “If you don’t let her out I will say it. I am sorry but I really need to”

“No”

“Fine” Rachel replied “Psycho”

the transformation was the worst yet. Kats body began to shake and contort as though she was being electrocuted. It was horrifying to watch. Dream open her eyes and looked at Rachel and she smirked. Then Rachel walked up to her and slapped her hard with ever bit of strength she could muster. Dreams faced snapped side ways. Then Dream turned slowly and Rachel noticed there was a rage in her eyes that she hadn’t seen before.

“That wasn’t very nice was it” Rachel replied softly.

“You deserved it you evil bully” Rachel spat coldly

“Me” Dream through her head back and laughed “A bully”

Rachel actual shook with Rage “What did you do that to Kat for? Have you seen her face?”

“Oh that” Dream replied airly “Why do you have a mirror. Wasn’t there one in the bathroom”

“Why are you so evil” Rachel replied disgusted “Whats Kat ever done to you”

“Nothing” Dream shrugged “She was just there”

“So you make Kats life a hell because is there”

Dream shrugged again.

“You are the lowest of the low” Rachel replied

“I take it you don’t like the new look then?”

“Oh fuck off” Rachel spat “I know why your are doing this and you have no chance”

“What do you mean”

“I heard you” Rachel replied “You have more chance of meeting the loch ness monster than me ever dating you”

Dream grabbed rachels arm and shook her hard , she then went slap her but she couldn’t do it Dream dropped her grip and stormed out of the door.

How dare she, who the hell does she think she is silly little girl. Telling me she thinks she knows about me Dream raged as she stormed down the steps and walked towards the lake she doesn’t fully know who kat is and yet she thinks she knows about me suddenly something diverted her attention “Hello”

It was Kai he was leaning against a tree.

“Canteen doesn’t hold you appetite then” Dream asked as she stood behind him. He jumped and looked terrified he flinched as he looked at who thought was Kats face.

“What happened”

“Oh this!” Dream gestured at her face “I had an accident with a mirror”

“Blimey” he looked at her and then he suddenly remembered the last time he ran into Kat, he was afraid especially now that he looked into Kats eyes and saw fire “What do you want” he couldn’t keep the fear out of his voice. He was terrified.

As Dream slowly advanced on him taking one step at a time he kept on walking backwards his heart hammering in his chest he knew what was going to happen and he could swim.

“Please Kat I-I cant swim”

“Oh that’s a shame” Dream replied and she turned and walked away. Just as kai had thought he had escaped Dream spun around and ran up to him. She grabbed him and dragged him to the edge of the lake and ducked his head under the lake he struggled like a worm for a moment and then Dream pulled him up. “Now are you listening”

“YES- HELP-glug” Dream had ducked his head under the surface again

“I want you to promise me” Dream said as she pulled him above the surface “That you will never going near Rachel again do you understand”

“What” Kai gasped as Dream gripped his hair harder “Your crazy”

“Promise me” Dream replied whispered in his ear “ Or make sure that youll never be able to kiss someone elses girlfriend again”

“Ouch” Kai cried out in pain “Okay anything please just let me go”

Dream dropped him, just as Rachel came running over. Dream saw this as her cue to go.
    “ Kai are you okay” Kat asked surprised

“You stay away from me” He panicked and ran for it

“Kat are you okay” Rachel asked as she reached Kat

“I think so” Kat sighed “Question is how long for”

7. whenufree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry i should have said it was long

8. MLCarr

Good story. I'm not an english major by far, but it seems like a good start. The plot is very good. One thing I would watch out for is more attention to detail. You could have gone into (in chapter 3 for example) what kind of house she lived in, what car pulled up, what it sounded like..."She walked down the old inlaid wood steps to the first floor and otu the front door with it's elegant stained glass. As she looked out the window she saw a silver minivan pull up. Must be Rachel, she thought to herself." ect. Get my drift?

9. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

The sentence structure needs quite a bit of reworking (using commas, hyphens, etc. to properly sort out and create pauses between your thoughts) before we even start to talk about plot, imagery, etc.

Example:

Original:" Katrina had seen her once before from a far she seemed so melodious and yet so fragile in her body."

Revised: "Katrina had seen the girl from afar only once before; she seemed so melodious, even in such a fragile body."

See what I mean?