1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy the vampire slayer

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Shazzy22, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Shazzy22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone used to watch? One of my favorite tv series ever. Loved how it was sci-fiish with the deep story lines! What are peoples favorite season? I would have to go with season 6 when it's mostly about the pressure of life and being an adult. Once more with feeling <3 Plus evil willow was just awsome!

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Love it.
    Had to watch in German first at my aunts, because it was only airing on German television at the time and we couldn't receive it. My aunt, who lived near the border with Germany could.

Have since watched it twice in English as well. Part of my childhood nostalgia.

I liked season 6 as well. Can't really say I have a favorite though.

3. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I loved Buffy.
    Still do, I mean. ^_^
    Angel was pretty cool, too.
    My favourite season would be...Season 2, I guess? Because I don't know, I liked the whole high school setting and Faith is my favourite character.

4. Shazzy22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has many nostalgic memories for me too! And omg I love faith was great watching buffy and faith beach each other up lol. Season 2 is great looks sooo dated now haha! Angel was good up until the end hated how they ended it!

5. Hopeful

I absolutely loved watching Buffy. I didn't see it until after it had come and gone on TV, but I rented all the DVDs on Netflix. I also got to see all of Angel afterwards. I loved Buffy and Willow and Xander. I can't remember which my favorite season was - but I do remember being obsessed with the Once More With Feeling episode and listening to the soundtrack over and over.

6. Tzoa

I wasn't into Buffy at first. The first season was just too goofy and ridiculous to me. A friend at the time urged me to keep going, and I got hooked around season two. I watched the first six seasons for the first time a couple years ago, and I think season six would be my favorite. I LOVED Once More With Feeling, and the themes of growing up and changing relationships just worked with me better than the teenage/high school themes of earlier seasons.

That said, I never did finish season seven. We cancelled our Netflix subscription before I got a chance. :frowning2:

7. three times through on Netflix - also synchronized it with Angel - bouncing back and forth so the episodes matched up just like I was watching it at the time it was broadcast

don't have a favorite season but love both

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been watching on Netflix. I'm in love with all the characters, and the story lines and ARGHHGHG Sarah Michelle Gellar! :grin:

9. biggayguy

I got hooked on Angel first. Then had to go back and watch Buffy episodes. Once More With Feeling and Tabula Rasa are two of my favorite episodes. Spike is such a hotty!

10. thediaryofjake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh, man. I adore Buffy. Each episode has something to say about life. It's kind of like our generation's Twilight Zone. My favorite season is definitely season six. It's so profound. I really related to Buffy's story line in that season. I miss the show, but thankfully it's still running in comic book form. I think they just entered their "ninth season."

11. Black Swan

I started watching Buffy recently, since a friend lent me every single DVD ever. At first, I thought it was cheesy, then I started to really love it. My favourite season was season 5, because Glory was awesome and Dawn was introduced and was all very mysterious and thrilling.

I love Buffy, but to be honest, I think that the show should really have stopped after season 3.

12. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah yes, big fan, of Buffy and Angel both. :slight_smile: I even watched the last two seasons of each when they originally aired. Favorite seasons...probably 5 of Buffy and 2 of Angel. It was a good year for TV.

13. Foxface

I started with BTVS with Kristy Swanson and loved it. Then I was like OMG a show about it? I was worried with this Sarah Michelle Gellar playing her...but I'll be damned if it isn't in my top five non-animated shows ever

Did not like Angel or his show

Favorite character was Anya and Dawn

Foxface

14. franc

I watched the series from start to finish. Read the comics as well.

I also marathon watched the whole season last year.

My favorite characters are Willow and Spike but I really love seeing Drusilla on screen.

15. sandshoes

I started re-watching it a few days ago! Love it. Probably one of my favourites ever.

Love Spike, he's so badass and evil but still so capable of love, but I like so many of the other characters as well.

16. KWDBM

Oh goodness me. Buffy was my first huge fandom obsession. .... First fanfictions I ever wrote. ... First fandom-related forum I ever joined. .... Man, memories!

I started watching around the beginning of season 3, so naturally my first "favorite character" was Faith. Freaking HOT badass, there! I personally thought the show sort of went downhill after season 5, I tolerate season 6 just because I love Evil-Willow, but season 7 was ridiculous. Favorite season was definitely season 5, *loved* Glory and the entire Dawn/Key storyline.

17. Gold smash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Great show. season 2 was the best in my eyes. remember having posters of Sarah Michelle gellar all over my room, properly my way of trying to to make myself think I liked girls lol

18. Kreiger

Still my favorite show, ever since I started watching, wow, over 10 years ago. I feel old.