1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scariest Videogame Villains

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, Jun 12, 2008.

1. pirateninja

Okay, so I'm addicted to Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and just the other day, I finally managed to get to the bedroom key to Snowpeak mountain. And what happened?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvtohHVr9RA[/YOUTUBE]

I swear to God, when Blizzeta said "NOT TAKE MIRROR!" I nearly crapped myself, it was that terrifying. To hell with Ganon or Zant, Blizzeta is the scariest damn thing on that game.

Sooooo, what videogame villains are the best/scariest?

2. JSG

JSG Guest

Papu Papu terrified me when I was really young (Crash bandicoot). Other than that I can't really remember...
    Maybe when the game goes crazy at the end in MGS2, now that was freaky !!

3. Louise

Yeah, be honest, you still hide under the bed when you see papu papu ... oups sorry was that meant to be a secret? lol

4. davo-man

^ Haha, poor Janvier :grin: Boo!

[​IMG]

Anyway, that vid is awesome...that Zelda game looks wicked, however, when the little dude turns around, did anyone else think "SURPRISE ATTACK"?

As for me, I can't say that I've ever been scared by a boss, however any time my character drowns in the game, I get a bit freaked out and feel like I can't breathe. I think that's cos I really don't like being in open water and am scared of drowning

5. Trumpetplyer23

The end of MGS2 is really freaky, I wasn't really scared, I laughed so hard I got killed because I wasn't paying attention.

I'd have to say the Nemisis in Resident Evil 3, he's scary. Or the giant spiders in the Resident Evil series...Normal sized spiders are bad enough.

6. Hoppip

Phaha. I laughed when she said NOT TAKE MIRROR! I thought that was hilarious.

I was a bit disappointed how Zant turned out to look without his mask - I was expecting him to be a hottie. ;_;

I love the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask - he may not be that scary, but I think he's adorable. And I love the mask. I want to cosplay him for Halloween!
    [​IMG]
    Aww, wook at him and his wittle maaask!

I didn't like Seymour from FFX because he was infuriating. I just couldn't beat him. It was pathetic. -_-

7. Starlight

Starlight Guest

Awww :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love the Crash Bandicoot games, use the have them all but they've gotten lost over the years :frowning2:

The first time the MGS2 ending had me pretty freaked, I remember being a bit scared after that >..<

8. Ty

Ty Guest

The Beserker on Gears of War :frowning2:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g03C-LuXpqw[/YOUTUBE]

9. interstella

I am ROFLing at "NOT TAKE MIRROR!!!"
    lol
    umm I can remember when I had a gamecube and I played The Matrix on it and there's a level with about a million Agent Smiths and that scared the shit out of me :grin:

10. Rette

Silent Hill kind of runs away with the "villains that will make you crap your pants" thing. Pyramid head just messes with your mind. Or the nurses. Or the sack-creatures. Or the child-demon things.

That's a messed up series.

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do I count?

[​IMG]

12. Steam Giant

SHODAN of the System Shock series. Scariest video game villain of all time ^^

*Spoiler Warning*
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NOFZ5fv_pb8[/YOUTUBE]

Not the best demonstration of her scariness, but YouTube doesn't have much when it comes to SHODAN's speeches.

Edit: Found another ^^
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH_O1lnUlY&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

#12 Steam Giant, Jun 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  13. jazzrawr

DEAR SWEET JESUS. :|
    I knew that thing wasn't right from the beginning! XD
    holy crap...
    i think that's gonna haunt my dreams...XD

i actually havent played any video games in a long time, but i used to be a huge gamer ^.^
    i used to love the Legend of Zelda: Orcanira of Time for Nintendo 64!
    the scariest boss on that one if definately the Shadow Temple one. I was like, 10 when i played it...scared the crap out of me. XD

14. InaRut

Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk8IdP-upKY[/YOUTUBE]

G-man....He scares me. I hate him. I want to kill him the crowbar.

15. Tim

Tim

Dhoulmagus always scared the crap out of me, same with Jessica (when she turns evil) in Dragon Quest 8 o.o

[​IMG]

Can't find a pic of Evil Jessica though :frowning2:

16. Agreed. When I was younger, I had nightmares about the child-demons from Silent Hill.

17. OneHatMadder

Resident Evil 4 (I think...)

There is a guy with a chainsaw who wears a bag over his face. His name was El Salvador or something like that I think but my friend and I called him leatherface.

Every time we saw him we SCREAMED and the game hadn't scared us before but Leatherface... God...
    *shudder*

18. SlickyPants

This is going to seem silly... but... When I was younger I was terrified of the ghosts in Super Mario Bros. 3. You know the parts I'm talking about. In one of the castles and the spikes come down and force you to stand still for a bit while two ghosts move toward you from either side. The only way to stop them from coming closer is to look towards it but in doing so you expose your back to the second ghost. The feeling of claustrophobia really bothered me then. I think some of it carried through to Super Mario World.

The second character isn't really a character but it was my first time playing Ultima Underworld and I was only 7 and I had never played a real 3D game before. I started out wandering around putting runes in my rune-bag and I round the corner and there was a green slug that attacked me and I was my sense were completely blown away. It was in 3D and the music suddenly changed into fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping battle music.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRZ6zip2zOk[/YOUTUBE]

That isn't me playing. I probably shit my pants. It seemed so real at the time and at such a young age. I didn't play the game again for a few years.

Eventually my balls dropped and I was able to play Mario and Ultima Underworld without fear and I haven't really been afraid of any villains since. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough though :slight_smile:

19. Blitzkrieg

The nurses from silent hill scare me to no end. :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. LostAddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, I know they're not villains, but they are enemies.

The floormasters and wallmasters from ocarina of time are infinitely creepy. I remember playing through the Shadow Temple when I was twelve and running into a room of like three of them and all of them were like chasing me down, and I started freaking out. They're just so creepy. Especially since when they die they just turn into smaller little hands.
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=USbaCUxC2RI[/youtube]

Doesn't capture the true essence since it's in a nice happy area, but still creepy.