1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things you experience after watching horror movies.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hoppip, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Hoppip

Question 1: How many of you like horror movies?
    Question 2: How many of you get freaked by everyday life after seeing them? Even if you don't get freaked, at least ominously reminded of them?​

A couple days ago, I watched Saw III...

And today I went to the dentist. And, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the dentist. Today I had to go get a 360º panoramic x-ray. The x-ray is actually in another office next door. This sweet lady walks me there, and the lights are all already turned off because everyone left! So we walk in, and she turns on the flickering flourescent lights. (It wasn't that creepy, since the office was really nice and it smelled good, but... I could go without the flickering.)

She put a lead vest on me and I walked onto something that resembled a weight scale. I rested my chin on a plate that stuck out from the pole, and I had to bite down on a tab thing and pull my head back until the tab was at the back of my teeth. For some odd reason, there was a mirror in front of my head! She twisted a knob so that these two bars closed in on my head and held it in place.

She turned on the machine and the big rods started circling my head.

I totally thought that I'd wake up to a, "Hello Sean... I want to play a game."
    and the mirror would be symbolism of my vanity... sigh.

2. Davey

lol i love scary movies but damn do i get freaked out afterwords.
    saw was horrible i was always afraid i was going to wake up in some odd place.
    then i saw the trailer for The Strangers and at times i don't want to leave my room or look out my window.
    i also tend to get the feeling that i am IN a scary movie after i've watched one.
    coming home from PROM NIGHT i really felt like i was in one. it pretty much happened just like the beginning of that movie. TV on and everything just without the bad "findings" don't' worry i'm not a movie spoiler!
    but yeah i get scared daily because things are to similar to scary movies i've watched. i drive my mom bananas! haha

3. MusicIsLife

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I lovee scary movies.

Dont laugh, but the only one that srsly made me freaked afterwards was The Village. I dont know why. But i had nightmares for weeks and i refused to go anywhere near the forest near my house... yea.

4. Sexiican01

scary movies are the best
    xO
    i used to be scared of that boogeyman movie.
    i couldnt go to sleep because i felt like if my jacket on
    my couch would stand up all of a sudden and strangle me
    >___>

they don't scare me anymore like that but i still like watching them

5. Davey

the only movies to scare me really bad would be:

When A Stranger Calls "Remake" - Everytime the phone rang when i was home alone plus i got seriously messed up nightmares.

and

Signs - Aliens scare the crap outa me.

oh and i guess

Eight Legged Freaks - spiders are NASTY!!!!

6. davo-man

I love horror movies, however I rarely get freaked out after watching them....I think I get my love of them from my Mum, cos she loves them as well

7. Malchik89

Horror movies are my favorite! The only movie that really had an after effect on me was Halloween when i was 10. I was afraid to walk in the dark or go into any dark corner cuz i thought Michael Myers was gonna get me. I grew out of that tho haha I embrace them now, like after i saw stay alive, i got inspried to play scary games, so me and a few friends went out and played silent hill and fatal frame xD

8. sexyalex

Horror Movies are number 1 rated in my diary :slight_smile:

However, i am not easily scared. In fact i am finding horror movies to be lacking interst each and every time i see one like....all the directors are running out of ideas. The last good horror flim i can remember off head issss...

Grudge 2....and it wasn't all that nearve wrecking. But it got me off the edge of my seat the first time i watched it...which is good! :grin:

i even go to the point of only watching horror movies by myself, in the dark, at home, in the night. And nothing seems to work. I guess after being in mere death and death experiences noting scares u anymore...:dry:

but that's besides the point. HORROR movies used ot be the classics, now, u find the adventure movies being the classics and we need some idealisim in the movie industry. (Phil? hurry and get ur degree!) and movies like "One Missed Call" and "The Stranger" felt like a waste of money to me and worst people in the movies wouldn;t stop screaming...i mean if that was me i would be soo embarased...

but not if EVERYONE is screaming :dry:
    ...................................pathetic............:dry:

there was this one time i got really scared out my pants for WEEKS though, it was when i watched "The Ring" when i was 12 or 13...and it was after 2 weeks when i saw i didn't die i said "ok, this is just fake:dry:" and i moved on(ok maybe not so easly but it was something like that):wink:

Alex.

9. Poring

Omg, those japanese horror movies like The Ring series, or The Grudge and maybe their American versions really creep me out to the max. I mean, I wanna watch the movie and know the story right, but I just can't get the nerve to watch it in full :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, there was this time I was sooo afraid of the dark and I felt as if something will just crawl up from under the covers!:eek:

10. sexyalex

lol?

asian versions are the best, very rear americans remake them (english versions) and they are a success; like The Grudge. often times they suck.

look at One missed Call....total disgrace.
    and lets not even talk about Seed.

11. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like bloody horror movies. Sometimes, they just get boring when the reason behind the plot is neurosis or insanity. I like Saw IV and Sublime though.

When I was a kid, the Hollow Man movie scared me a lot that I was even afraid to go naked in the bathroom for the fear that an invisible hand will give me the invisibility injection.

12. Tim

Tim

How many of you like horror movies?

I HATE Scary movies, some people like being scared, but I don't. I get freaked out. Like entirely. I'm STILL scared of clowns from watching Killer Clowns from Outer Space as a kid.

How many of you get freaked by everyday life after seeing them? Even if you don't get freaked, at least ominously reminded of them?

That would be me. After I watch something scary, I have to watch something like disney for 2 hours afterwards in order to get to sleep, or else I'm always opening my eyes and looking around the room at any minor sound ~.~

I know, I'm a chicken :frowning2:

13. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love watching horror movies, very few actually scare me though. The only one that genuinely terrified me was the japanese 'Ring'. A lot of horror films are rubbish though, they either just make you wince with lots of gore, or try to make you jump out of your seat, but that's not really scary. I tend to just watch horror films if they have a good story, so I haven't watched many recent ones

14. Trumpetplyer23

Horror movies are my favorite genre of movies.

They don't really scare me, though, I like to laugh at the dumb characters who get killed. Often, though, I try to talk to the characters by saying things like "don't go in there, he's in there *character gets killed*. Now what did I tell you?" I went to see "The Strangers" with my mom, it was pretty good, and I jumped out of my seat a few times.

The only problem with horror movies, like Davo said, is that they use too much gore to try and make it scary. Sorry, but I'm not frightened by arms getting cut off. Just not there.

15. musicgirl112233

I love horror movies!!!!!!!!!
    They never freak me out most of the time I find them funny.

16. Helen

Helen Guest

I do love horror movies, but a couple have had a lasting effect on me.

Due to my coulrophobia, when I first saw IT, I ran out of the house. I hear you say 'but what if there were clowns outside?' IT DIDN'T OCCUR TO ME AT THE TIME :frowning2:

Stephen King's The Shining (as in NOT the Kubrick one, this one's the miniseries, y'know?) has had the worst effect on me, though. The woman-in-the-bathtub bit really has got to me, and when I'm by myself in the house at night, I have to check every single bathroom at least twice an hour, to make sure she isn't there.

17. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

oh I love horror films.. funny story actually....
    I watched "The Ring" probably one of the best horror films when I was about ten in a dark room and thought I would be fine. It scared me shitless fo the entire week. Then, for anyone who has seen the film I got a nose bleed, the first one for about 4 years, 3 days after I watched the film and managed to convince myself I was going to die in a week like in the film.. obviously I didn't but I was only little :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Hoppip

I saw The Happening today. I'm not sure if I liked it or not...

But there was a part that freaked me out! (I'm writing it in white font as not to spoil it. If you've seen The Happening, or you just don't care, then highlight the text to read it:slight_smile:

---
    Well, there's a neurotoxin that causes people to just commit suicide. And so some guy walks over to one of those big commercial lawn mowers, turns it on, and then lays in front of it. And it takes FOREVER, but the lawn mower finally gets to him and slowly moves over him... It was just plain gross.
    ---

19. OneHatMadder

Hahahaha.

This was a friend of mine.

In New Zealand we have a volunteere fire service and when there is a fire we have a really loud siren thing so that the volunteer fire fighters know to report to the fire station.

My friend had just moved here from Australia and we watched Silent Hill one day.

The next day she was walking through a dark alleyway and the siren went off. She completely thought it was the siren from Silent Hill signalling the darkness.

It was HILARIOUS to watch.

20. Chamber of Life

I love horror movie, they are the best. I actually wrote a horror film and I'll be filming it soon. Anywho! I'm not really freaked out by scary movies, since i watch them all the time. But I do remember one thing that happened to me.

So when Final Destination 2 came out, I think i was about 13. Well there's a scene where a semi truck is transporting logs. Well the logs breaks free from the semi truck and they bounce off, hitting cars, causing a large pile up, killing lots of ppl. So the next day, my mom and i were driving on the highway and in front of us there was a semi truck carrying logs. I freaked out and told/made my mom get off the next exit.