1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America's Next Top Model

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hopeful, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Hopeful

Who did you want to win cycle 20?

Of the three finalists I wanted it to be Cory or Jourdan. Not Marvin. I was sad when Cory was eliminated but thrilled when Jourdan beat Marvin. Sorry Marvin.

2. Saint Otaku

I have no clue, I just know when I was younger, and my stepmom was watching it every week, I was her by her side, shamelessly :grin:

3. Bolin

I wanted Marvin or Cory to win. Jourdan was too "cookie-cutter model" in my opinion. I wanted to see some diversity.

4. Tim

Tim

I wanted anyone but Jourdan or Renee to win.

I hate the new format. Like, it's nice that they take fan votes into account, but the final decision should still be the judges.

The last 2 years have been boring. You could stop watching literally 5-6 episodes before the finale and know who was going to win because without the judges giving attitude or other judgement calls on personality, etc. the strong models that are bitches never leave because they take good photos.

Jourdan would have been eliminated a few weeks in without social media votes, because of her attitude.

But they can't do that anymore, so just like Laura, she got placed 1-3 every week, so you knew she was going to win. I knew after like 4 or 5 episodes.

Jourdan can take as many good photos as she wants, but if she constantly gives her "I was married at 19, divorced at 19." story to every employer, no one will hire her because for the most part, they don't care about your past in the modeling world, unless it has relevance. Not to mention her constantly saying she was told her walk was TOO Good. That's not a compliment. It means you walk like a robot.

5. Bolin

I completely agree. I don't think biased, non-model fans should be allowed to choose who should win, or even who places each week. Especially considering than many fans would just vote on whomever they considered a favorite or was the "prettiest," which I think is what happened with Laura and Jourdan.

6. Hopeful

I never thought I'd be an ANTM fan, but I decided to vote on all the pictures for cycle 20. I hated Jourdan from her pictures - thought she was too typical pretty girl and I liked Alexandria. When I first started watching the episodes I thought Jourdan was exactly like I figured she'd be, but towards the end - I guess I liked her more than I thought. And I wanted a girl to win the show, if not a girl, then Cory because I liked him the best of all the guys. It's weird that guys are on the show now.

I agree with you guys saying that fans vote for the prettiest and not for what they really know... maybe the fan vote should help win challenges or something, but not who gets eliminated. That way the judges who get to know them know what's coming. Then again, modeling IS about taking a good photo, and if people can vote on the photos I guess it counts.

What did you think of the photo shoots for this season? I didn't like a lot of them. Like the trailer trash one? Or the wedding one? I thought they seemed cheap, but I didn't know the story when I saw the photos, so I dunno.