1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay movies and series

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rayan, Nov 21, 2013.

1. rayan

rayan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've just watched my first gay movie (shelter) :slight_smile: , it's even the first time i looked up for a gay movie . I'm like the nerd guy studying all the time . It seems there are a lot of gay movies and series ( i didn't expect that honestly , i don't know why i thought there would only few)
    Any way , are there any suggestions to watch ?!

2. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    You should watch get real. I enjoyed that one allot. I don't know many gay series other than will and grace and noah's ark.

3. MrBrightside

Watch "Prayers for Bobby", the saddest film ive ever seen,and the only film ive ever cried at. Its a classic though!

4. biggayguy

Prayers For Bobby (2009) Gay, Full Movie (Subtitles EN ES) con subtítulos en español - YouTube
    I just realized something. The events for the film happen in 1982. That means Bobby was in school about the same time I was. Unfortunately, he never graduated. That makes me sad for Bobby and grateful at the same time that his story helped me be fully gay.

#4 biggayguy, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  5. PalestrinaMX

My favorite ones are always foreign ones. Some good ones are "North sea,Texas" and "wild reed". Check them out.

6. Richie.

Is there any films about married guys coming out?

7. flatlander48

The Lost Language of Cranes (1991)

This was a BBC TV movie, but it played on US TV years ago; maybe mid-90's. I believe it was on PBS at the time. The synopsis is:

A young gay man comes out to his middle-class parents, which has repercussions for his father who has long since been trying to repress his own sexuality.

8. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wait.. you're 21, and it was your first gay themed movie? That's great, you're a bit late though! Why did you wait so long? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've probably watched a few hundred gay movies. 90 % of them were awful. The gems were few and far between, but there have been some good movies too :slight_smile:

I really like Shelter and Latter Days. Movies with sad endings that I like are Prayers For Bobby, Milk and A Single Man.

Funny/romantic comedies: Mambo Italiano, Breakfast With Scot, Touch Of Pink, eCupid, Is It Just Me, Straight Jacket, The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green, Make The Yuletide Gay

Drama movies: Dorian Blues, The Curiosity of Chance, Beautiful Thing, Get Real, Weekend, CRAZY, Summer Storm, Just a Question of Love, You'll Get Over It, Poster Boy

New movies: Free Fall, Monster Pies, Geography Club and Out In The Dark.

9. rayan

rayan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sokk
    yah that was my first one , i don't really have that much free time for movies ( whenever i have free time , i just hang out with my friends ) .

Thank you all , i think i'll watch prayers for bobby now ( my second movie :grin: ) , it seems a well known movie for all of you . I hope it will not be as sad as you said .