1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Address Bar Question

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ccdd, Jun 15, 2008.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Not sure if this is where to post this but -

My internet settings are such that my history automatically deletes at midnight every day and my google toobar thingy and google proper don't show what I've previously searched for. Also, my address bar at the top deletes itself every few days (you know, the bar where you type in addresses. Not sure if address bar is what it's called). This saves me clearing up after myself.

However, the address bar at the top deleting itself is really annoying me, and I can't remember how I altered the settings to make it do that - how can I change it so that what I type in up there stays, but that my history everywhere else automatically deletes? Can I even do this?

Does this even make sense? I don't know anything about computers. I have Internet Explorer 7. I think.

I remember changing these settings so I wouldn't get caught but deleting *everything* is really getting on my nerves!

2. agraves

Go to Tools and click on Internet Options, then the General tab. Click Settings under the Browsing History section then towards the bottom it will have a history section and it has a box for you to put the number of days to keep websites in your browsing history. I think I said it right for the version you have. Hope this helps.

3. Pancake

if that dosnt work:
    tools>internet options>content>autocomplete settings

make sure the box is checked/unchecked depending on what you want to save