1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by biggayguy, Dec 1, 2013.

1. biggayguy

What's your favorite Soap Opera past or present? I used to watch Passions on NBC. It was so quirky. Tabitha the witch was so funny. I miss poor Timmy and his martimmy's. Passions was my main show. I scheduled my classes around it. All My Children was pretty good too. What is your favorite and why?

2. Amerigo

i've been addicted to the golden girls lately - the originals, so good. i want them to be my room mates!

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does Degrassi count? I instantly fell in love with it.

4. Kreiger

Downton Abbey. O'Brien's gotta be my favorite, always lurking around some corner, saying the scariest things... :badgrin:

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Young and the Restless. I used to watch it from when I was very small with my mom. She and one of my aunts were loyal fans, and I didn't know any other Indian women who watched soaps. Two of my first celebrity crushes were Raul (David Lago) and J.T. (Thad Luckinbill), especially since they played middle/high school aged kids, with all the drama that entails.

Passions was definitely quirky (Y&R was more into the high fashion), and it had a lot of hot guys, who frequently found opportunities to be shirtless. I admit that when I was in middle/high school and alone, I often watched the soap operas to see the eye candy, LOL.

6. KWDBM

(bumping this up a bit, hope that's okay)

I've watched Young and Restless off-and-on since I was like 8 years old. Used to watch it at night with my mom (we'd tape it). I've seen so many awesome storylines on that show, and come on how can you *not* like Victor Newman?

I watch a *lot* of soap operas, pretty much every single daytime soap at one point or another, but mostly not for very long. I watched All My Children for years, especially Bianca's coming out, her relationship with Frankie then the drawn-out stuff with Maggie, then Reese, etc. Stopped watching when the actress was recast.

Watched One Life to Live back in 1998-2000, I think. Favorite character was Cassie Carpenter, by a long shot. Aaand I've rambled too much, lol.

7. willycubed28

I grew up watching All My Children ever since I was 7. When it got cancelled I was crushed. I did however watch General Hospital off and on, and One Life To Live off and on, but All My Children was the best. I loved Susan Lucci and just basically the whole cast over the years.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    sunset beach