1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Rangers...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Yes, I know, "Wtf, isn't that for 10 year olds?". It is intended for 10 year olds, however, the japanese counterpart is intended for teenagers and younger adults. They have a lot of storylines that involve more grown up things kids wouldn't understand =p

Anyways, I started watching this when I was really little back when Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (first 3 seasons) was on. I was banned from watching it after a week because my mom didn't like the violence. Anyways, I got back into it in 2000 and fell in love with the season that premiered shortly after, Lost Galaxy, as well as the finale of the previous season, which finally ended the original storyline, with the rangers that had been chosen to take over for the original rangers finally revealing their identities to the world to save them.

During Lost Galaxy, my favorite ranger appeared. Kendrix Morgan, the pink ranger. Today, she still goes down in PR history as the only female ranger to wear glasses, as well as another thing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjoTx8cldXc[/youtube]

For those who didn't want to watch the video :astonished: Kendrix sacrificed herself to save the former pink ranger when they returned for a team up episode. She is currently the only ranger to die while protecting another ranger. To explain the video: The evil pink ranger stabbed Cassie (the former pink ranger)'s morpher with an indestructible sword, and was draining her life energy. In order to save Cassie, kendrix destroyed the sword using all of her power, the resulting explosion destroying her body. She returned in the finale of the episode, a gift the swords gave to the rangers for continuing on their mission, despite losing a friend.

Now, there are a lot of older power ranger fans out there (with various message boards for said fans), and the writers acknowledged them last season.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEvQQLGC06U[/youtube]

Again, if you're too lazy to watch the video, they brought back the 2nd black ranger (he took over for Zack in the 2nd season) in a teamup episode, which had many kids saying "Who the heck is that?" Whereas the older fans were cheering =P

Now, finally, the reason why I decided to start posting. As people who watch PR knows, there are some colors that have been gender specific. Blue and Yellow swap from Female to Male a lot, Red has had 1 female, who was eventually found to be evil. Black and Green remain to be Male Only, whereas Pink has remained Female only. Since japan (where PR gets their source footage, from a show called Super Sentai) refuses to show a male pink ranger, which is what fans want, they compromised with last years season of sentai, and created a new color. Purple. Yes, a purple ranger. And not only that, but it's... a guy! Here is the american version of the violet ranger, which appeared tonight on PR.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTnYmicSJz0[/youtube]

Now, probably won't get many responses, as it is generally considered a child show, however, if you ever decide to watch a season, look for Lost Galaxy or Mystic Force. They have the most character development, other then the original seasons, which still have badly dubbed scenes =P Anyways, there's my rant about a child's show for the month, and hopefully you actually watched the videos XD (The last 2 I uploaded, as my friends asked me to, despite it being a hassle to cut the episodes into scenes XD) Plus, a lot of the guy rangers are cute, and the girls are hot =P

It's currently on it's 16th season, and 15th year of broadcasting. Sadly, the series will be going animated next year, from everything we know, which is when the show will most likely be canceled, as no one on the forums I go to are willing to watch an animated version, nor will the kids I know, as they like the realism of actually people playing the rangers.

#1 Tim, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. Adrian

Adrian Guest

The actress who played the original yellow ranger died in a car accident because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Fairly obvious lesson for everyone there.

3. Tim

Tim

Actually, no one knows if she was or wasn't. The person driving wasn't for sure, and was flung out of the car and is now a quadriplegic. Thuy Trang (Trini for those who remember her from PR) died 8 days before 9/11, which is why it never made it to the news.

4. LOVEjames

I loved the originals, but when it got all weird... like, donisaurs and time travel or whatever.... I stopped watching. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. nemo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my mom always stopped me from watching because of violence so last year I spent a week and downloaded every episode on the Internet watched it and loved it! I hated when they got rid of zordon though. He was awsome!

6. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I was little my brother and I didn't care for it that much. But when this T.V. channel started the whole thing over from mighty morphin' power rangers we watched it all the way to ummm mystic force I think Lol My favs are mighty morphin' and up to lost galaxy. I loved Rita Repulsa she was my fav villain:lol:

7. Tim

Tim

The actress that played Rita was included in the final episode of mystic force, as she played a part in the japanese version, but she passed away, so as a tribute to rita, they kept the japanese scenes (with the same horribly dubbing as the first season), and made her character Rita. She played the mother of all good magic, and kept her as Rita Repulsa, so they made her turn good in the end :astonished:

8. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

Amy Jo Johnson from the original Power Rangers was always my favorite. =)
    I still love the original series and movies to this day. I remember I would always be the Pink Ranger when playing with friends, and the girls hated it. ha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kgmn

haha, brighteyes,
    that made me laugh

10. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol yea I saw that I watched that episode over and over haha

11. lostinthought9

omg, i cant believe i overlooked this thread!--anywayz....yea, i loved the power rangers, but now i dont watch it cuz it became a little stupid with some of the effects, but i loved the original movies---espicially liked the first two features--Mighty Morphin Turbo Power Rangers (with the cars) and i liked the first one--the one with the purple oozy guy, but yea anywayz...good ole days lol

12. pandafunfun

i miss the first few power rangers. i think they are seriously running out of ideas. nothing really original anymore.

13. Luke123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I miss it!

Anyone know good websites to watch them :slight_smile:?

14. CrimsonThunder

DID YOU KNOW?

When the power rangers are fighting they are actually japanese people as the people that make the english show take the fighting scenes from them and just record the english speaking people without the costumes on.

Yes, Im a loser. :slight_smile:

<3 power rangers.

15. Tim

Tim

Depends. Lately there's been a LOT of american footage. :slight_smile:

However, in earlier seasons, it was all done from japanese footage =P Hence why Trini lost her breasts when she morphed XD