1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Plays!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HarryIsCute, Dec 5, 2013.

1. HarryIsCute

Hey guys! I thought that this would be a good idea, so this thread is for any of you out there that like school plays or if you get cast for one tell us what it is about and who you are playing here!

I just got cast as the male lead in a new student written/directed play called "Silence"! The play follows a boy with aspergers named Will(me). For those of you that don't know aspergers is a communication disability that is completely non-specific to whether they speak too much or too little. Will speaks too little, but he writes all the time; this makes him a great writer at a young age and by the end of the play his friends encourage him to write a book and he does and gets national attention.

Another cool thing about this play is all proceeds go to charity!

So what plays or musicals have you been in recently or just got cast in?

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My school recently put on Neil Simon's "Rumors" for its fall play. I was sad that I wasn't cast (there were only ten roles and the senior class is full of WONDERFUL actors), but I took part in stage crew, and that was fun! Then last year, we did "The Pajama Game" for the spring musical. I was a chorus member, and had a blast.

Next week they're starting auditions for the one-act plays that the seniors direct. I'm crossing my fingers for a lead role. :icon_bigg

3. HarryIsCute

Yeah this was going on during my school's one-acts! I really hope you get a role Eleanor!

4. JakeHas

The musical at my school this year is going to be Hairspray :grin: I'm soooo excited and can't wait. Theatre is the best part of school imo, we (the cast) are just a big ole' family c:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only ever did one play, and that was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory in my senior year. It was based directly off the movie, and I think we did a great job hehe. I auditioned for the big man himself and while my singing was alright (good, but better now), I admittedly wasn't really the greatest guy for the role.

I was relegated to the part of the news anchorman, who had more lines to remember than pretty much anybody but the leads XD. I also had to help the tech crew with my newsroom set piece, so I was a workhorse but it was still fun.

What kills me though, is that my school was set to do a summer production of Mulan. I had my eye on Li Shang and I think I would have been great. But they cancelled it! :eek: Along with it went my hopes and dreams of stardom. *sigh*

6. William

I'm actually doing the play 'Wind of a Thousand Tales' and I was casts for 3 parts. Only one of them is significant as the main character in the first story of the play. His name is Carlos and he's basically a dick who loses his "one and only love" after being a dick to her.

7. musicrebel

The last play my school had was "Peter Pan: The Musical", and I heard it was really good, but I didn't get to go see it, which was really sad.
    I've always wanted to join a school play, but I get nervous about it cuz the "art" kids are very snooty and stuck-up. I do art at school, but I'm not really stuck-up about it. Anyhow, I might join my senior year because my friend is forcing me to, so hopefully I'll get a chance to try it. I like plays and broadway stuff. I think it's cool :slight_smile:

8. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much! Keeping my fingers crossed for now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was only ever in a few plays my first was in 3rd grade as one of the orphans in Annie, then I was the genie in Aladin in 4th grade. Last year I was Tybalt in the classroom play of Romeo and Juliet and in the school one I was Romeo. This year, a few weeks ago actually I was Caesar in Julius Caesar all of which where fun:grin:

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2013 at 10:57 PM ----------

Good luck:grin:

10. Silver Sparrow

I was Aunt Abby in Arsenic and Old Lace, stage managed a few shows. I was in a bunch of one-acts at camp, but being Aunt Abby was probably my favorite.

11. double a

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that seems like a really great thing to do

12. Mzansi

I did "The Jungle Book",
    "The Land of Green Ginger",
    "Madagascar",
    "South Pacific",
    I usually took a lead role,
    But frankly I'm not sure why they picked me,
    I don't have as much of a passion for these shows,