1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Rangers and Super Sentai!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by forbiddenlove12, Dec 13, 2013.

1. forbiddenlove12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ok Who here loves SS or PR? Come on I know theres got to be some!

2. Tim

Tim

There used to be a thread here for this. xD Though the people who posted in it other than me aren't here anymore.

I'm a rather big PR/SS fan, though PR has been rather horrible these past few years. I'm hoping that the return of characters like Cassie and Karone for the cameo war are worth the wait through Super Megaforce. Still a bit bummed Kendrix's actress said she couldn't do it because she wasn't given enough time, though I'm optimistic since she said she's more than willing to do a cameo return in the future if they give her enough time to schedule time away from her family and job. I might end up giving up on Power Rangers soon though. Samurai was just terribad, and MegaForce was better, but still incredibly bland with no character development.

And I'm currently loving Kyoryuger. I'm skeptical of Tokkyuger though. They have to be the worst suit designs I've ever seen. Though, the fact the gimmick of the season is the rangers can swap colors at any time intrigues me, as we might actually get a male pink for more than 10 seconds, and a female green for something other than an all-green change like Gokaiger. Though, for all we know, they do work like the toys and only change their number, though, that'd make the toy catalogue out to be a liar, as it claims they change color. xD

But really, how did they get from amazing suit designs like these:

[​IMG]

To these?

[​IMG]

My only gripe with Kyoryuger so far is there's only 2 female rangers. Out of 10 warriors, how are there only 2 women? On top of that, as I assume you know, Violet started out as a guy, and passed his powers onto his granddaughter. And that wasn't even the original plan. She was never supposed to inherit the powers apparently. It was only done when one of the producers requested it. (Probably because he likes doing gratuitous leg/panty shots of her. -.-)

Yea, I know that Tobaspino's partner is female, but she doesn't transform, so it doesn't really count, lol. Though who knows, maybe she will before the series ends in 2 months. This last episode made me curious if Yuko might inherit the Cyan powers as well.

#2 Tim, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  3. Bolin

I looooooooooooove Power Rangers and Super Sentai! I've seen all the Power Rangers seasons (except the newest one, although I'm watching it on Netflix), and I've seen most of Zyuranger (from which Mighty Morphin' is based off), most of Gekiranger (Wild Force, I think???), half of Megaranger (In Space!) because I can't find the other half subbed, and all of Shinkenger (which is the best out of all Super Sentai/Power Rangers I've ever seen). My favorite PR season is probably Ninja Storm. I don't think any season will top Ninja Storm with me.

4. Tim

Tim

^ Magiranger, Gokaiger, and Kyoryuger are worth watching. They're all fully subbed by some fansub groups as well. Kyoryuger's still airing though.

Those are my favorite 3 sentai so far. xD Worst so far has been Go-Busters. That was terrible on a whole new level. Toei tried to copy PR:RPM's serious approach and failed horribly. (And it's painfully obvious it was an intention to allude/copy parts from Power Rangers RPM, because the morphing call was "Let's Morphing!" (and the morpher said "It's Morphing Time!"), and the overall plot is a giant computer program is trying to take over the world... which was the plot of RPM.

I didn't mind Ninja Storm, but RPM will probably always be my favorite season. The depth of the characters and storyline was intense.

5. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I actually hate power rangers. Gave me a headache.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like PR, but seasons post-Zordon era or that were from New Zealand or orchestrated under Disney are a real hit and miss.

7. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never gotten around to watching Super Sentai, but I love Power Rangers. Especially In Space, Time Force, and Samurai, although, I have a warm spot for Jungle Fury since it was my first PR season.