1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basketball

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Some Dude, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Forgive me if we already have a thread about basketball, I looked through the previous 5 pages of this forum and didnt see anything

Any basketball fans out there? I know I can't be the only one

This NBA season has been pretty interesting so far, a month ago, I never would've imagined Portland being 19-4 nor the Knicks playing as bad as they are. Also next years draft will be amazing: Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Gordon, Wayne Selden(my favorite player), etc

So who here watches basketball? What's your favorite team?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To the extent that I care about the NBA, I'm a Lakers fan, but I really don't like the NBA. College is another story. My grad school is pretty good, but I won't say the name of the school.

3. Gallatin

I love (professional) basketball. College basketball doesn't do a whole lot for me.

I agree that there are some interesting story lines this year. The Nets and Knicks - well, I don't think many people saw that coming. I feel bad for Jason Kidd, but that roster is just dysfunctional right now. Not to mention pretty darn old. And who would've thought that in December, the Celtics would be top of the division? Not me, that's for sure. Although, the Celtics better not win too many games, lest they miss out on the chance to get a top pick in next years (probably phenomenal) draft.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just fortunate enough to live relatively close to Miami, so have the privilege of being a Heat supporter. :grin:

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love college ball, NBA comes in a distant second. Huge Missouri Tiger fan here, and I guess I like the Pacers quite a bit.

#5 BryanM, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  6. biggayguy

I enjoyed it when Detroit and Chicago had a real rivalry with top players.

7. Gallatin

^Well, Chicago is good when they have Derek Rose (at MVP/pre-knee injury levels). Without him, they'll scrap and claw and play tough defense, but they're not really a threat.

And Detroit is improving. Andre Drummond is looking really, really good. Problem for the Pistons is that they've got too many bigs. You can't play Drummond, Greg Monroe, and Josh Smith in the same lineup. Smith is not nearly a good enough shooter to draw attention away from those guys down low. They *should* dump Smith and get a small forward who is a reliable outside shooter, but it's more likely that they'll trade Monroe and shift Smith to the four, which is his more natural position.

8. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a Lakers fan. This season is pretty rough.