1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kacey Musgraves' Follow Your Arrow in Top 40 iTunes and Billboard country music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlamoCity, Dec 16, 2013.

1. AlamoCity

Some of y'all who listen to country music have probably already heard Kacey Musgraves' Follow Your Arrow song which has positive gay messages in the lyrics, such as "love who you love" and "kiss lots of boys, or kiss lots of girls, if that's something you're into." I just got surprised when it was aired by my local country station. Don't know if people just don't bat an eye anymore or maybe country music has a more diverse demographic. I even checked the song and found it's top position in the Billboards Hot Country Songs was #28. However, I think women get more leeway when it comes to sexual orientation; I'm sure if a guy sang this song it probably would not have become as "accepted."

I first heard of her when she did a duet with Josh Abbott Band in "Oh, Tonight," if anyone's into Texas country music.

[YOUTUBE]kQ8xqyoZXCc[/YOUTUBE]