1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins vs New England Patriots commentary

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AtheistWorld, Dec 16, 2013.

1. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    What a thrilling conclusion to that game! In the first half the Patriots dominated the game, but I had an inkling that our defense would prevail over their battered offense.

The way Philbin planned the first half made the Patriots looked bewildered, ponderous, and exhausted in that second quarter, and their offense was marked with miscues and amateur play with some key dropped passes, especially during that final drive, but it would be a mistake to attribute it just to the Patriots. The fact is, coach Philbin outwitted him with a strategy other teams should employ, and they could learn from Philbin's immense wisdowm as I haven't seen any team employ this strategy against them since the New York Giants did in the Super Bowl in 2007. Basically, the Dolphins intentionally played tenuously --the pinnacle of that was when they blundered that field goal on purpose-- in order to lure the Pats into a false sense of security. At the start of the third quarter this became so conspicuous with the Patriots luster diminishing in a way similar to how a terrific athlete would if he/she tried making a comeback.

It was also obvious that we had save our best defensive plays for the second half too, an astute move as that would enable us to surprise the Patriots, forcing them to make mistakes that led to their defeat. The Finns defense is crystallizing into one that's more successful at pressuring the quarterback and with great cornerbacks like Rashod Jones and Brent Grimes, the defense should be more formidable next season.

While watching the second half, I thought the NFL was playing a prank on us or something due to how awful the Patriots were playing, even if they were missing some critical receivers. It was as if the Oakland Raiders switched uniforms with the Patriots during halftime and that accounted for their horrible playing. It wasn't Halloween though, so of course I knew the Patriots had just underestimated us and were getting punished for it in a big way.

Undoubtedly, people will pinpoint the reason for Miami's victory was that there wasn't a pass interference call, and to those disgruntled Pats fans I'll take the opportunity to remind them of how my team was cost a win in our first meeting stemming from bad calls. Furthermore, the Patriots defenders were guilty of countless holdings on the Miami receivers with nary a flag for that, so Karma sux. However, I'd argue that even if we were penalized, the outcome of the game would've been the same as we were marching down that field, determined for victory.

But man Tom Brady is such a crybaby, though nobody is as bad as Bellichick in this regard. Their behavior leaves me marvelling at how immature it is for two guys that are role models to act like that. Tom Brady's actions at the post-game conference show how puerile he can be.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't hear you over the sound of our two-game lead in the division

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

My commentary: Dolphins have waaay better uniforms...& learned a new word "puerile" -Means juvenile. :slight_smile:

4. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    @ Biwinning: We'll take the division, because we'll go on a 3 game winning streak, and the Patriots will ose 3 games in succession. Maybe not, but I hope we at least make the playoffs. I don't really care who wins in next week's Pats vs Ravens game. A loss for the Ravens would help us, yet if the Pats lose we have a shot at winning the division.

I'm glad you learned a new word, Rose, and thanks :slight_smile:

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (sigh) That one hurt.

6. Gallatin

What a great game. Tannehill showed a lot of poise throughout the game, especially on that final drive. And a huge shout-out to Michael Thomas, who was signed mid-week as emergency cover for our banged-up secondary, for intercepting Brady on the final play. Perfect way to end.

Go Fins!

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Fins? Playing good football?

[​IMG]

8. Shiny Espeon

Meh... I was really hoping that The Pats would win that one. Give my Chiefs a better chance at not having to go back to Denver again. Although, we finally found our best offensive strategy, which in it's entirety is Jamaal Charles.

Although, if we win out (completely possible if we get Justin Houston back before San Diego) and the Donkeys lose one more game (Far less likely, but I can dream, right?) I guess we'd get the number one overall seed. And we wouldn't have to worry about going back to Mile High.

9. ninerw

Sorry...wasn't paying attention because my Panthers were winning! And if I remember correctly, there were wins against both of these teams?

10. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The refs handed you that game in a giant shiny gift-wrapped box and you know it.

11. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stuff the Dolphins, Indianapolis won and that's what's important.

12. biggayguy

I hope my Bengals get their act together for the playoffs. After Sunday's game I hope they make the playoffs.

13. ninerw

hahahaha...I can't complain. That game was the most fun game in years.

14. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone! Great day of football today!

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is that a blow out I smell?

16. ninerw

whoo...I am exhausted from the anxiety about playoffs. Glad to see my Panthers getting in. Things are looking interesting in the NFC...I think this has been a great year for NFL football. Way better than some years before.

17. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If pats don't win, go seahawks!

18. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a Patriots and UCLA fan I will not root for a team coached by Pete Carroll ever. Even if it's a charity league game.