1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro 2008

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by cc6log, Jun 20, 2008.

1. cc6log

Does anyone follow Euro 08? The Germany Portugal game yesterday was great, Germany's gonna take it down from the Netherlands in the finals... ok Germany will probably not play Netherlands in the finals but they will win, they should have made it to the finals 2 years ago in the world cup, they are gonna pull their head out for two more matches...

2. kgmn

Turkey vs Croatia was really fun to watch at the end!

3. Jebs

Yea the whole game was pretty intense. First time I've ever really watched soccer. I was rooting for Turkey just because. At the end Croatia made a huge mistake celebrating so long. If they would have just chilled out they would have not added more mintues to play and Turkey would have never scored. So intense though, I could not believe it when Turkey scored. Funny.. They scored like a second after someone muttered, 'There is no way in hell Turkey will get this.'

Wow! :lol:

4. cc6log

The end of the game got crazy but Croatia absolutely blew it in the end. Missing that many penalty kicks, I mean really... 1 for 4 great game except for the PK's.

5. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

I so annoyed I missed it last night. I have to admitt I has a little gutted that Portugal got kicked out, but I've always had a soft spot for Holland (one of the only countries that appreciate hockey like it should be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I actually think they deserve to win. They have been playing some amazing football and although I admitt Germany are good, they are sometimes a little boring and lack flair in the way they play.

6. Trumpetplyer23

I've only caught a couple of games. I have a few soccer/football channels on my tv, but where I live, everyone wants to watch the Cleveland Indians play baseball. This sucks for 2 reasons. 1, I can't watch the sports I want to. 2, I'm a Detroit Tigers fan.

7. Luke123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha, i want either Germany or Russia to win.
    I did want Croatia to win...:dry:

8. cc6log

Doesn't surprise me that Russia pulled away, they seemed like they were in control the whole game, If the Netherlands would have pushed it to PK's and won it would have been almost a shame... Could Russia beat Italy if Italy wins tomorrow? I would say they have a decent chance...

9. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Well, that's my two favourites out!! Oh well.. Even though I will probably be wrong, at the moment I can't see Italy winning unless they really up their game but who knows!! I think Russia have a far better chance anyway!

10. cc6log

Italy's D was great the whole game, I can't believe they blew it... I got Russia vs Germany now...
    For some reason I am not respecting Spain this tourney but, I'll stay that way

11. ethene

Soccer is in the top 10 list of things I hate most, yet I forced myself to watch some of the matches... and I'm happy that Poland dropped off

12. jayy237

i thought the turkey croatia tame was pretty terrible, especially in terms of who won it. obviously a tense finish though

i am annoyed germany are in the semi's for 2 reasons, 1. if croatia had lost ot germany in the group stages i would have won £800, ok so they didn't, yet germany still manage to get further than croatia in the fucking tornament! and 2. germany just aren't fun to watch, i love ballack but i don't like their style of play

i want turkey to beat germany in the next game just for lols and i don't mind who wins out of spain and russia...i guess i want spain to win the competition because i would win a few quid, but i think russia would deserve it if they do, ashavin has been the best player in the tornament along with ballack and villa

13. cc6log

All this hate for the Yermans... I love conservative play in all my sports, maybe why I like the Germans so much... Favorite American football " which is my favorite sport" is conservative play, run the ball control the clock short passes, strong defense, etc... must be the same I look for in Futbol...

14. cc6log

Tv Feed Keeps Going Out!!! This Is Killing Me!!!

15. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

OH MY!!! HOW DID GERMANY DO THAT!! That is the most aweful result!! Turkey totally outplayed the germans yet the germans still won!! I have to admitt the Turkish goalkeeping was shocking!! Had Vulcan not been such a twit pushing that guy over and getting sent off they may have won :frowning2:

I'm not happy.. and the TV link was rubbish!!

16. cc6log

You are right the German defense was terrible today. Still an exciting game, or would have been exciting if I was able to watch the thing, damn lightning.

17. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

I know!! It was probably one of the most exciting yet, just a shame the better team didn't win. Haha and I love the commentaters comment "there isn't a good goalkeeper on the pitch" - so true!!

18. cc6log

Lehman looked awful this game, and Rustu plays like an idiot all the time. He takes way too many chances coming out from the goal in the two games I saw him play... Him leaving the goal is how he almost lost it in the quarters before that equaliser with seconds left...
    Germany is great but they only do enough to win and sometimes barely do that, They just don't blow anyone out, which it seems like they could. They will be very vulnerable in the finals

19. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Yer I really can't see them winning it. I think it will probably be Russia if they play like they did against Holland, but then you can never totally write off Spain - maybe after so many "nearly" years they will finally win something. Wasn't the last time they won anything back in 1944 or something??

(woo I love talking football :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

20. cc6log

There is one thing Spain has done that both Germany and Russia haven't this tournament...Go undefeated. I think Russia can win this but Spain has played very well and defeated a very tough Italian team (Although they never seemed to get withing 25 yards of the goal with the ball that game.