1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torture Feminist Reading List

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pret Allez, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's the deal. When I read politics, I read what's comfortable. I read people I agree with. People like bell hooks, Jessica Valenti, Jos Truitt, and so on.

It's time to put on my big-kid pants and read people who are likely to piss me off. Does anybody have any recommendations? First on my reading list is Unpacking Queer Politics, by the Queen of Hatred, Shelia Jeffreys.

If anybody is wondering why I'm doing this, I have no idea. I just need to be able to better engage with feminists I find frustrating.

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Camille Paglia comes to mind. She's certainly very intense, and I find myself at points in violent disagreement, but at many other times, she seems to make very sage observations, and can turn very witty phrases. She is very entertaining to see interviewed! I wouldn't say she's frustrating, per se, but she has great frustration potential!

#2 HuskyPup, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. fortheloveoflez

One word: FREUD

very evidently anti-feminist guy.....but it just came up first when I was thinking of who I disagree with