1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beyoncé

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by benjy497, Dec 19, 2013.

1. benjy497

benjy497 Guest

Hey guys!

Just wanted to know what you think about Beyoncé's new album? Some critics label it as 'game-changing' and that it might be undoubtedly one of 2013's best albums, if not one of the best in years. I listened to it only two or three times so I'm not quite set on my impressions about it. But I can say that, while I've been disappointed by all of the queens of pop's 'comeback' efforts this year (aka Britney Jean and Artpop), BEYONCÉ surely comes as a breath of fresh air in a deeply polluted industry, where 'catchiness' and over-recycled EDM beats took over melody and spirit. It is daring, edgy and explores sounds and themes that we never clearly heard by her before. Still, B'Day is my favorite Beyoncé album and I doubt I will prefer the latest over it even after another round of listens. Thoughts? :icon_cool

2. Harve

'XO' is amazing and I hope it gets huge. I've not actually listened to all of it yet (keep getting stuck on 'XO'...), but Haunted genuinely is a 'edgy and daring' track considering who she is.
    Her sister's still better tho. And doesn't have the ego.

3. kem

kem

Waiting for the eponymous album to appear on Spotify, don't want to pirate it. :grin: I've listened to some of the tracks on youtube, and I really liked Drunk in Love! The album is a very interesting take on pop music, I'm glad big names like Beyoncé are experimenting. It won't be my favourite release of the year (The Electric Lady, Reflektor, Vampire Weekend, Yeezus, and many more are in another league entirely), I'm sure of that, but I'm sure it'll be good.

4. Projectfabulous

I really love Beyoncé's new album. I like Blow and haunted because of it's dark edgy vibe. Plus, I really enjoy how the album is very visually oriented (the music videos). Plus, she delivers pretty good messages in some of her songs, but they're still fun and just....awesome.

5. benjy497

benjy497 Guest

Yes!!! 2013 wouldn't be complete without this album. Gotta love Janelle's new (and old) stuff!

I have yet to listen to Solange's stuff but I heard her song Cash In on the Saint Heron record and loved it. She sure has talent and yes, less ego...

6. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's probably my favorite album of the year and I've listened to 43 new albums so far. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. kem

kem

I love Janelle's Metropolis thing, though she seriously needs to adapt it into a more suitable format or make the story more accessible before it becomes too abstract. Loving it!

Back to Beyoncé, though: I bough 4 songs off her album now that they are available individually... I managed to download 1 before it kept saying that the rest of the songs were unavailable :angry:(((

8. LanaDelRihanna

Omg Beyoncé is an amazing album! Not her best but it is no way rubbish. Stand out tracks include Partition, Drunk in Love, Pretty Hurts and XO. Queen Bey!

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I miss destinies child Beyoncé....

10. Simple Thoughts

I'm with you :slight_smile:

I liked 'Ring the Alarm' and 'Irreplaceable' though. The Sasha fierce stuff was not for me.

11. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The album is awesome!!!!

"XO" and "Pretty Hurts" are probably the ones I listen to the most, but I like all of them. Also, the music videos are so amazing... especially the one for "Pretty Hurts"

12. kem

kem

I like No Angel and Ghost/Haunted :slight_smile: And of course XO

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :icon_redf I just like Beyonce