1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever seen The Way Way Back?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pete1970, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Pete1970

I just watched this movie today and it really hit home to me. Its about a 14 year old boy who is shy and socially awkward who spends the summer at his single mother's boyfriends beach house and meets the owner of a water park who becomes like a father figure to him. Over the course of the movie,he makes friends and comes out of his shell. That was exactly howi was at 14, shy and didnt have many friends and a father who didnt really have anything to do with me. I dont know if it is the emotional state that i am in right now, but it is one of the only movies that actually brought tears to my eyes

2. Gallatin

I haven't seen it but it looked really good. It looked like Steve Carell was playing a bit of a jerk, which is strange for me, since I can't help but think of him as Michael Scott (from The Office, for those not aware).

3. Loyalguy4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's a really good movie, I was very emotional and cried while watching it. Also Steve Carell was awesome

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just recently watched this movie with my family. I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Of course, what made the movie for me was Owen. :lol:

5. ninerw

I thought it was an awesome movie. And I didn't feel like it was trying to pander towards awards. It was just a good summer movie.

6. MightNeedThis

Oh my God i loved this movie!! Steve Carrell was amazing in it, and the boy was so cute!

But it definitely hit home for me. I came out of my shell at 14, was a lot like the boy beforehand.
    That movie makes me laugh way too much :slight_smile:

7. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw the trailer for this movie a while ago and it made me feel so weird inside. I too related myself so much to the main character... just judging from the trailer alone though haha.

I might give the movie a watch now.

8. thediaryofjake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I thought this movie was soooo good. I think we can all relate to this kid. He was just so weird, but who wasn't at that age? It was a great coming-of-age story. I loved it!