1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Like Me

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Did anyone watch this show? I LOVE it. Whenever an episode is on, if I know about it, I go out of my way to watch it XD

Yesterday's episode made me a bit mad though, about a serial killer on halloween killing people, then it turns out George knew him from her childhood, when he touched her (tried to pull her inside), AND was supposed to reap him. They never showed how he died, which sucked :frowning2: But it was one of the only times George had any contact with her family, which I love.

Anyways, there's a direct to DVD movie coming out in a couple months, and if sales are good enough, they're reviving the series! :astonished: So, anyone watch this show/like it?

2. Tim

Tim

Oh, just realized, never explained :astonished:

Ok, as per my normal, here are videos that explain the beginning.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ugWpj88EWt4[/youtube]

Long story short, Georgia (George) was a young woman and was killed by a Zero-G Toilet Seat lost by a space shuttle. She was the last "reap" of one of the grim reapers, and as per tradition, it was her duty to take over, as one of the new grim reapers.

She is given a new life, and taught how to reap. They are given post its by their boss, and it gives the first initial and last name of a target. That target is going to die at the time listed on the postit. The reapers job is to touch that person before they die, to release the soul from the body. George fails to do so once, resulted in one of the people having to experience his own autopsy, since then, she understands it needs to be done.

She is given a new identity, and can communicate with the living, as she is undead. She makes several attempts to contact her family in the beginning, but ultimately chooses not to, except on special occasions. In the DVD movie preview, she is seen having a long talk with her sister, showing her sister knows her new identity.

One of my favorite scenes from the show = (To clarify, the other people at the booth are also reapers, and as such, cannot die, they can however, feel pain, the comedic value of this is how the other reapers ignore him screaming and falling under the table, whereas the other customers are like what the...)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mxLdor_8yBA[/youtube]

3. Brett

OMG! I'm a major major fan!
    I love the show, and have been tracking the movie for about 6 months now! XD

I absolutely love Dead Like Me! It's so well written, and dark humor is my fave!

One of the things that has always puzzled me about the show is it's stand on the GLBT community. If you've seen the episode with the two gay guys that Mason has to reap (lol Mason) it sends mixed messages.
    I'm wondering what you think about this......

BreTt

PS: The episode with the serial killer is not only my favorite episode, but also the last. :frowning2:.....for now!

#3 Brett, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  4. SamAlex728

I have both seasons on DVD. Absolutely love it. Can't wait for the movie. Sad that Rube is gone and Daisy is replaced, though.

5. Brett

Yeah....there's a teaser on YouTube for the video, and Rube's been replaced....something abut coming full circle cuz his daughter was his last reap.....and Daisy was replaced by an actress that looks close enough. She should be able to pull it off......

But at least they kept Roxy and Mason! They're my fave characters! =]

6. SamAlex728

If they ever get rid of Roxy or Mason I'll pull my hair out. And I could REALLY do without Delores "Herbig Brown Eyes"
    urgh
    Those are the kind of ppl that pay ppl to pee in their cups

7. Brett

Haha! I love Delores! But she might not be in the movie because of the work she was doing in a show called Reaper. Coincidence? I think not........

But as long as she's in the series again who cares, right?
    Her and Joy! I don't know why, but I can't help but love Joy.....

8. SamAlex728

urgh, joy, delores, and clancy are the ones i cant stand
    well, joy was starting to be more tolerable towards the end of season 2

9. Chaos

I love Dead Like Me and agree that is is well-written, but to a point. What I didn't like wa show George never seemed to learn. She would learn a hard lesson, but the next episode comes and it's like she never learned a damn thing.

Great show though. I've watched every episode and I am excited for the movie!

10. jazzrawr

Ohhhh, I lurve this show. ^.^
    i watch it all the time :grin:
    ^ THERES A MOVIE???
    *runs off to look it up*

11. SamAlex728

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sBYuRs7p5M[/youtube]
    I loved that :icon_bigg

12. Brett

LOL Mason!
    I love the scene where he puts pepper spray on his eggs! I have a poster of him on my wall! XD

13. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

One of my favorite shows...I'm sad they canceled it...I'm kinda afraid the movie won't live up to the series though.