1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by crimsonarcher, Jun 23, 2008.

1. crimsonarcher

Normally, i didn't listen to anything associated with country music, but I listened to one song of theirs, "Not Ready to Make Nice", and it changed my mind about it altogether.
    I was wondering, who here likes them? I like them a lot, and i still do after their big old controversy with president Bush.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fwc5YSAc-7g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nP45wBsJPwo[/YOUTUBE]

2. Paralyzer

Well, the Dixie Chicks aren't that country (imho), but I do fancy their music :grin:
    I like them too, and I get a little uncomfortable when I'm with someone and a Dixie song plays and they start dissing them because of some stupid opinion. I HATE when people disregard music just because of who wrote it. BUT, yeah :grin: I'm just me.

3. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    I really like Not Ready to Make Nice, but other country not so much. Well I also like the soundtrack for Cars

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I love the Dixie Chicks!

5. LOVEjames

I'm listening to them right now. <3 And I totally didn't know this thread existed. I adore them, and have all of their albums with Natalie as their lead singer. :grin: I will say that I don't like some of their more 'bluegrass' songs, like "Lil' Jack Slade" and stuff, but I like their slower stuff. ^_^

And I totally respect them for what they said about the President, and all of the effin' backlash they got. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It was insane.

6. I fell in love with the Dixie Chicks after listening to probably their 'Taking the Long Way' album. That album is honestly[imo] one of the best. I don't consider them much country either well at least that album but they are amazing. :grin:

7. LOVEjames

Oh, Taking The Long Way is definitely one of the best albums in existence, hands down. Like, it's just the Holy Grail, man. xD It's when I fell in love with them, too. I liked that album just because there's not a whole lot of bluegrass-y type stuff, and it has a nice diverse set of music.